z Cottage by the Sea : Saturday 9

Saturday, November 10, 2018

Saturday 9


Saturday 9: The Middle (2018)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is about compromise. When did you recently give in a little and meet someone halfway?
I can't think of anything.

2) She sings that the floors are wet. Are there any floors in your home that could use a good scrub today? If you answered "yes," will those floors get cleaned this weekend?
Yes, all my floors need scrubbing.
Will they get scrubbed? Only if someone volunteers to help me, and no one ever does, so.. nope.
3) She also sings that the cabinets are bare. What's currently on your shopping list?
 Thanksgiving groceries for the gang.
4) You may be familiar with this song from Target's TV commercials. Do you often shop at Target?
Not often, but I like Target. I get there every few months or so. Would love to go more often as I need things they sell.

5) The lead vocal is handled by Maren Morris, a Grammy winner for "My Church," which is all about singing with the car radio. What's the last song you sang along with?
Another One Bites the Dust by Queen
6) This past April, Maren married singer-songwriter Ryan Hurd and they have performed onstage together. Who is the last person you sang along with?
With my daughter in the hospital waiting to go into surgery.
7) This song was composed by brothers Kyle and Michael Trewartha. With their bleached hair and sunglasses, they look like a pair of surfer dudes -- which they are, having grown up in Huntington Beach, CA. Is there a body of water near your hometown?
Yes, a real big one called the Atlantic Ocean.
8) January 2018, when this song debuted, we had a total lunar eclipse. When things like that happen in the sky, do you go out of your way to watch?
No, not eclipses. They don't interest me. I like to see meteor showers though.


9) Random question -- They say we're all young at heart. In what way can you be childlike?
By being less serious about a lot of things and finding fun and laughter in things.





 

6 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your answers....smiles. PS If I lived closer, I would gladly clean your floors, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie; Loved every one of your answers. I too would love to have someone clean floors for me! Wait!! I have Robbo my Ion Robot Vacuum as only two of my floors aren't carpeted. LOL! So happy to see you post so soon. Have a blessed weekend dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Floors...are we supposed to mop them? Wow...yes...mine need mopping, and I am not usually the one to do it. My hubby will do it occasionally...but mostly we sweep and dust mop and spot wash as needed. I know they need it now. Maybe before Thanksgiving, but then, we will be having a huge crowd who will dirty them up...so maybe I'll just wait. LOL. Praying you won't worry about your floors right now...just take care of YOU. That's the most important thing you can do at this time. Praying you will have some help for your Thanksgiving feast. Blessings to you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The floors can wait. You need to rest my friend.
    That is a beautiful picture you posted! I loved your answers! Have a nice weekend and rest!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just reminded me to start my Thanksgiving dinner list. It will be here before we know it! I actually broke down and mopped floors today. They didn't get scrubbed, but I think they are clean again. Take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO glad you are home !!!!!!!!
    Prayers continue for your complete healing...never stopped .
    Be delighted to help with floors and Thanksgiving and...whatever !
    Sleep and mend , my friend

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.