Sunday, January 27, 2019

Conversation Starters.. Sunday Stealing

What in the world is the weather up to? It was cold yesterday and now way up in the high 40s F today and the weatherman says it will plunge back down toward the middle of the week. Temperatures should stay put and be seasonal, do you agree?  



What are some small things that make your day better?
Playing a game, reading the news,working on my courses.

What shows are you into?
I like watching old episodes of Agatha Christie dramas or film noir.

What TV channel doesn’t exist but really should?
The old HGTV channel before it was the real estate channel. They had decorating programs , gardening programs like Suzie Coelho, etc. that were very good. 
Now its just an advertisement for real estate all the time. Its awful.

Who has impressed you most with what they’ve accomplished?
My kids who are very successful in life.

What age do you wish you could permanently be?
17. 

What TV show or movie do you refuse to watch?
The list would be very long.

What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without?
I am not sure what it would be.

What’s your claim to fame?
I can see situations from beginning to end and am usually correct about what is going on. I often know when someone is going to die.

What’s something you like to do the old-fashioned way?
House work, etc.

What’s your favorite genre of book or movie?
Mystery and biography for books, romance or adventure for movies.

How often do you people watch?
Rarely to never. I do not like intruding on other people's privacy that way. 

What have you only recently formed an opinion about?
Aspects of certain  religions.

What are you interested in that most people haven’t heard of?
 Aspects of history and anthropology and religion that most don't know about.

What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
35,000 miles up in the air.

What is the most heartwarming thing you’ve ever seen?
Probably too many things to mention or recall.

What is the most annoying question that people ask you?
It is annoying and ruse when people ask personal questions of you in public. 
Why I am doing something, wearing something, etc is none of anyone's business.

What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?
Religion, anthropology, history, archaeology.

If you were dictator of a small island nation, what crazy dictator stuff would you do?
Well, most of these are not crazy per se,but....

I would ban lobbying by foreign nations. It is obscene and creates bought off politicians.
 
I would never take one cent of foreign aid . The borrower is slave to the lender. If your nation must take foreign aid, perhaps you should consider not being a nation. If you cannot support your own nation, become a vassal state of the USA and admit you have failed.  Isn't it kind of like a young couple getting married but lacking any way to make a living and support themselves, so mommy and daddy have to support the young couple?  If you are not financially independent you are not ready for marriage.  If you can't support your own nation, you shouldn't be one.   Hint, hint to the nations the USA supports to the tune of billions every year.

Charity begins at home. Until all my citizens are gainfully employed or taken care of if they cannot work,no non-citizen can have a job. 
 No company on the island can import workers to take the jobs of my citizens. (take that  Disney.. you suck big time after firing American workers and replacing them with cheap foreign labor and forcing them to train their own replacements. It would be a cold day in hell before I would give one cent of my money to Disney World or Land or their crappy movies.)

Compound interest and usury are forbidden on the island.
 
You must be an island citizen to own a home or land. Foreigners are not allowed to own anything on the island. They can rent temporarily but nothing permanent.

I would never allow lists of  "felons" to be posted around thus removing the ability to change, repent or allowing for the chance that many are falsely accused.

I would ban extreme weather, cruise ships and pollution!

I would put those who write "could of" in prison for 4 years hard labor at English lessons since they obviously slept through English class before.
Ditto for those who think that "the both of us" is proper English. It is "both of us", no article is used.
 Amazon and its slave labor conditions and products are banned from the island as is Nike and etc.


What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?

They should seriously try to be kindly, good and honest.

Enjoy your day, friends.


7 comments:

  1. The list of tv shows I would refuse to watch would be very long too! That is so interesting you can tell when someone will die. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. 35,000 miles up in the sky! There must be a story there....the journalist in me is curious.
    I like the odd things about cultures and religions, too.
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would miss Alexa if you banned Amazon but I could deal. I would never want to be 17 again. Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading your answers to SS. I wasn't in the mood to answer it this week so I stuck with an easy Unconscious Mutterings LOL! Tomorrow will be an easy SWD. Crazy weather here too. Have a blessed day ahead Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. May I come and live on your island? I enjoyed your answers. I always learn something when I "listen" to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's up, Jersey! Hi from your "neighbor," PA.
    What the heck is 35,000 MILES up??? That's out of the atmosphere, but not yet at the moon. 22,223 miles to reach top MEO satellites. But 42,000 miles is minimum high Earth orbit... What's between Medium and High Earth orbit??? I'm dying of curiosity. Were you working with NASA?

    ReplyDelete
  7. As to this fickle weather...PHOOEY !!! It was 5F coming home from work last night !...and got colder !
    My bedroom is the last stop for the hot water baseboard system , resulting in a frigid 52F overnight...even when thermometer set for 75F...wishing for a battery-powered heated jumpsuit !!!
    Loved your answers - especially for your island Queendom...may I please become a citizen...NOW ???
    Stay safe , well and warm , my friend...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.