Saturday, January 26, 2019

I Simply Remember My Favorite Things...


Another week has flown by! It was either very rainy or very sunny with little in between. Saturday will be cold and partly sunny with a high of around 35F.

Saturday is also time for Saturday 9 , so let's get started.


Saturday 9: My Favorite Things (2018)


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This week's artist, Jennie Abrahamson, is very happy living in Stockholm, but she refers to Paris as "a flirt." She enjoys her time there so much she always wants to return. Is there a place you've visited that tugs at your heart and imagination, tempting you to return?
 Yes, Prince Edward Island in Canada
Prince Edward Island


 2) Jennie has said her music has been heavily influenced by 80s pop, which was popular in her early teen years. Are your favorite songs the ones you listened to when you were growing up?

Yes,mostly the music my mother listened to and old music I heard on the radio.

3) "My Favorite Things" is from The Sound of Music. Crazy Sam's high school claim to fame was playing Sister Margaretta in the senior class production. Though not a big part, her performance lives on because relatives love embarrassing her with pictures of her in an especially unflattering nun's habit. Who took an embarrassing photo of you? What were you doing?
Don't recall any that were embarrassing really

4) The lyrics celebrate "brown paper packages tied up in strings." What was in the last box you received in the mail?
It was just a brown cardboard box but no paper and no string, contained some supplies I needed.

5) It mentions doorbells and sleigh bells. What's the most recent bell or alarm that you heard?
The chimes on my clocks.

6) This song has nice things to say about cold weather, specifically snowflakes and mittens. What do you like about winter?
Just about everything. I love bundling up in coats and scarves and being all warm and cozy outside in the icy cold air! I love the snow, the wind, the bright days, the crisp, fresh air.

7) Dog bites and bee stings are singled out as things that can leave us feeling sad. What's most recently given you the blues?
I don't recall really.  Not happy about the news most of the time but, that's life.

8) In 2018, when this song was released, Roger Federer won the Australian Open. Are you good with a racket?
I was marginal at tennis.

9) Random question -- Your local zoo announced the hatching of three snowy owlets. All males. You won the honor of naming them. Go ahead.

Huey, Dewey and Zachery. 

 Until Sunday and Sunday Stealing... take care!

12 comments:

  1. Zachary? That made me smile. Zachary will be the one who looks just a little different, won't he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prince Edward Island looks lovely in that photo!
    Zachary???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chimes on your clock.... I have always wanted a fun clock, but the noise would drive the hubs batty! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After a while you do not hear them. Most wind up chime clocks, grandfathers etc. have a shut off for night.

      Delete
  4. Zachary? (lol) where did that come from?(lol)--the temps here, right now it is 12* (3 wind chill). I am so ready for flip flop weather, just saying...

    Have a lovely day friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hang in there. The cold kills of ticks and fleas. Without it and a hard freeze things will be out of whack in the summer. You'll make it. Hope commuting isn't too bad though.

      Delete
  5. Prince Edward Island looks so beautiful! I want to go stay in the mountains one of these days too...in the winter in the snow. Have a nice weekend! Loved your answers!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Prince Edward Island is beautiful, by the sea, and the home of Anne of Green Gables. Lucy Maud Montgomery wrote of it. I've been there a few times and would gladly live there if I could.

      Delete
  6. Zachery? That made me laugh. I was so sure it would be Huey, Dewey & Lewey! LOL. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha loved the three names Annie. Zachery is my great nephew's name. I think I would have answered many the same except for the winter one as you know. Have a blessed weekend my friend.☺

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute names for the owlets. I love baby owls and enjoyed watching them when we lived in a different place before this house. We had daily conversations as the owlet wheezed his cries for his mama/papa to come feed him, while he watched me suspiciously from his perch high above the ground. When I ate some strawberry shortcake on the back patio, he flew to the nearest branch and watched me very closely. I really thought he was going to swoop down and take it from me! LOL. Great answers today. "My Favorite Things" is one of my favorite things. LOL>

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.