Tuesday, February 26, 2019

A Tuesday Meme

Could the day be any more windy or any more sunny and bright?  There is not a cloud in the sky as
the winds have pushed them all away. The bay is choppy and wild, the wind through the cedars and holly trees is formidable.

Just an FYI.. what are the smartest states in America?
  1. Massachusetts
  2. Vermont
  3. Virginia
  4. New Hampshire
  5. Connecticut
  6. New Jersey
  7. Minnesota
  8. Maryland
  9. Nebraska
And which states are not as smart?
Arkansas    
Arizona    
Nevada    
Alabama    
New Mexico   
Hawaii   
California   
Louisiana    
Mississippi

 But never fear, sanity is here with Toni's Tuesday 4 meme which I am writing on Monday and will post Tuesday.



 1.   Was yesterday better than today? Why?
     This is a very hard question for me to answer. I would say it is about the same. Why? I don't know. 

2.   Can you live a day without a TV or Cellphone Texting?
 Yes. I don't watch much TV at all. I go weeks without turning it on and if I do it is usually the smooth jazz channel or the easy listening channel which reminds me of my Dad's store.
I am currently watching Miss Fisher on Netflix late at night.   I rarely use my cell phone as I hate them.

3.   What items could you not go without during the day?
      Water, a bathroom, food and clothing.  After all, what else is more needful?

4. How do you relax in the evening after dinner? 
Much of the time I listen to old radio shows like CBS Mystery Theater while I paint.
I  watch lectures or documentaries on YouTube or see a little movie etc. Sometimes I play music on YouTube like, music of the 20's or 50's or etc. Sometimes I paint again and play a smooth jazz station on YouTube
Fledgling detective Phryne (Fry-Knee, it's Greek) Fisher is known for her sharp wit and pearl-handled pistol, which she uses to fight injustice in Melbourne during the 1920s. The glamorous sleuth makes her way through the city's alleyways and jazz clubs.The program is produced in Melbourne,  Australia
Wednesday Haiku is next... stay tuned.

8 comments:

  1. I wonder who came up with the lists of the smartest and not so smart states? I'm glad that Florida didn't make the dumbest state...LOL. I'm not so sure I agree with the list re: smartest. But that's my opinion. I could gladly live w/o my cellphone. It doesn't work for phone calls here at our house, so I only use it when we travel away from the house. I was a holdout for getting a smart phone for a long time, but now that I have it, I am glad mostly because of the google maps thing which works as a GPS. That is very helpful since you really can't find good "maps" anywhere else anymore. I could do without the rest, although it is convenient to have a phone when away from home if needed. I don't watch much TV either. I have a couple of programs I enjoy on the DIY or HGTV channels, but other than those I don't really care. Hubby enjoys watching sports most of the time, and that is when I read. I agree with your answers to #3. Except we also could use some shelter from the weather. But definitely must have water and bathroom and food. Maybe put bathroom first. LOL. Hope your day is beautiful and wonderful. God bless you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. School records, IQ Scores, Job status, college scores of instate students and high school grades and scores. It seems pretty accurate too with a lot of investigation involved.

      Delete
  2. We do have a lot in common Annie LOL! I love Miss Fisher and was so sad to see they didn't continue the series. There was some mention about a movie but that was over a year ago and I haven't heard anything since then. I watched the complete series on PBS when I still had cable and have since watched it last year on Roku (Acorn TV App). Along with classical (opera) music my taste runs from the 30's to the 70's. Have a blessed day ahead dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't think of anyone I'd rather have a lot in common with Toni! You are one of my favorite people.

      Delete
  3. I've been curious about Miss Fischer. I'll have to check it out. I guess Tennessee is in the in between "smartness" I find though that sometimes "smartness" and "common sense" are two very different things. I think those in TN have a lot of common sense. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smart does not always mean wise or good sense or even decency. It just means smart ;)

      Delete
  4. CBS Mystery Theater sounds really good! I need to look for those. Loved your answers! Have a nice Tuesday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although those basics are absolutely necessary , good friends are good for the heart .
    So glad we're friends !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.