Monday, February 18, 2019

Daybook Entry


For Today:

Looking out my window

Volatile spring is entering the picture and the wind is blowing and blustering wildly through the cedar trees around me.  The wind chimes are ringing in the most beautiful way.  The skies are cloudy and dim , the temperature moderate.  Spring is coming.. I dislike its lukewarm attitude and its sudden snow squals in the beginning of April,it's transient lukewarm flowers that disappear almost as soon as they blossom. No permanence to them.  Their beauty is fleeting and they fall to the ground at the slightest wind or disturbance.  Though they are so beautiful, they have no power in them.    Spring herself has no definition , no heart, no soul but is truly lukewarm and disturbing in its failure to commit. She is neither hot nor cold.
Yet if you would ask most people they would list spring as their favorite time of year without hesitation.

I am thinking

About the lukewarm attitude of spring  and  the lukewarm attitude toward the ugliness of Hollywood and its corruption of morality, which, sadly, it does with impunity. We, as lukewarm people still patronize the work of this evil community. A wise person once said that if you could not invite God along to watch a TV show or movie.. why are you there?

I am thankful

That I can see these things. Thankful for the lovely chili I made last night and can have again tonight!

One of my favorite things

Actually comes in Springtime! Violets are a favorite.  
Gaslight in street lamps is a favorite.
There.. that is two of my favorite things!

I am creating

I will be creating new versions of old headers for the blog. 
I did create a wide crocheted winter head band for my daughter in a pretty deep red.

I am wearing

leggings, black tee shirt and leather navy blue moccasins.

I am  listening to

Music of the 1920's

I am hoping


Hollywood is exposed for the moral corruption it brings and that people who love God will stop supporting it.

I am learning

About Enoch

In my kitchen

  I made chili last night.. a huge pot thinking my family was coming. They stood me up but I will
have chili for a few  days now and I am happy about that as it is delicious! 
I used ground sirloin from the butcher, onion, garlic,chili powder, cumin, celery, carrots since I had no corn, and red, green and yellow peppers.  It really is good!

In the school room


I am still studying theology, philosophy and anthropology.

In my garden

Everything is resting and dormant this winter. Nothing blooming.  The earth is resting nicely. Good freezes have helped to control pests.


Post Script

 St. Augustine said that a man has as many masters as he has vices. This is unpopular thinking today as people feel they do not need to control the physical appetites and this was actually the moral killing attitude of the sexual revolution. That so-called revolution was actually the destruction of the moral order in America.

Shared Quote


"The empty vessel makes the loudest sound." ~~~William Shakespeare
 

A moment from my day

 


Closing Notes

Thank you for sharing part of my day with me here . I hope you will return tomorrow for Tuesday 4.


8 comments:

  1. A lot of very deep thoughts here, and I appreciate them. I do not invest or spend any time with the "Hollywood" crowd. Haven't been to a theater in many, many years, and the only movies I watch on tv are usually very old classics or family type movies. There just isn't anything out there worth watching anymore, especially when you see how corrupt and extremely liberal/leftist the actors are. Spring is a beautiful time when things start blooming. I am seeing signs of it everywhere here. The weather tends to fluctuate every day from morning til night, but it is still very pleasant. Your Chili sounds good, but I was surprised that you don't put any beans in it? Or maybe you didn't list them but just the "other ingredients". Just wondering. I never had beanless chili before, but it would probably be not as gassy. LOL. I am trying to imagine what the music of the 1920's must sound like...would that be like the "Roaring 20's" dance music? That could be interesting to listen to for a while. Was there any calm and peaceful music in the 1920's? Just wondering. I prefer calm and peaceful music. Unless I want to dance. Then again, slow dancing is my favorite. Okay, this was fun and entertaining! thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I always learn something good when I visit with you. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I add beans, sometimes not. I did this time. Yes, there is gorgeous music from the 20's. Like The Very Thought of You. Tea for Two, and other very romantic ballads. One of my favorites is Al Bowlly's version of it HERE And Midnight and the Stars and You HERE

      Delete
  2. I always make a big pot of chili and eat on it for days. Good thing I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always Annie your answers are so wonderfully written. I always come away learning something new from you. One of my favorite songs is The Very Thought Of You. Have a day of blessings dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your thoughtful answers especially about spring... and yes we definitely live in a lukewarm climate ... where is the passion for right, truth, and justice! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very cold here this morning but it's supposed to be 78 on Thursday. Typical weather for us. I agree with you about Hollywood and all the filth it produces, it really disgust me. Hope that chili was as good as it sounds, I could sure eat a bowl today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness at all the thoughts here which I appreciate and will read again. Quickly, I will say that I have given much thought over the past few years about what we see in movies and tv and books and just about everything I must scratch off the list. I won't judge my friends, but I will say when we attend a movie or whatever we are entertained by, Holy Spirit in us is there with us. Pluggedin.com and Movieguide.org are reliable sources to check out movies and find out what the content is as to plot, sex, violence and language. My Mom's question to us was, if the Lord came today, would you want to be found "there?"

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.