Saturday, March 9, 2019

Up on the Roof, Saturday 9

Hi Friends!
Here by the New Jersey seaside the weather is cold and brilliantly sunny! The sky is bluer than blue
and the air is fresh and clean. I hope your day is wonderful as well.
I am joining in for Saturday 9 today. My girls and I were singing the Drifter's original version of this song yesterday at the top of our lungs !

Saturday 9: Up on the Roof (1979)
Rooftop in NY

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.  I link to the Drifter's version which I consider far better than James Taylor's version which you can "google" if you want to hear that one.


1) James Taylor sings that, when the world gets him down, he goes up on the roof to find peace. When you're "feeling tired and beat," what do you do to cheer yourself up?

 Sit down and relax with a nice cup of coffee or tea and watch the bay.

2) He sings that, at night, the stars put on a show for free. Are you economizing, or sticking to a budget?
Always. I am very careful with money.

3) In addition to recording this song for his album, Flag, James Taylor surprised the song's composer, and his good friend. Carole King by performing it the night she received her Kennedy Center Honor (see link above). Tell us about a good turn a friend has done for you recently.

My daughter did some housework for me and took me out for dinner!

4) James Taylor and Carole King have been good friends for decades, but they have never been romantically involved. Do you have platonic friends of the opposite sex?
Sure!

5) James was born in the Boston hospital where his father worked as a resident physician. Are there any doctors or nurses in your family?
Yes, quite a few

6) When James was young, his family moved to Chapel Hill, NC. James has vivid memories of how beautiful the area was in all four seasons. What's your favorite time of year?
Autumn, always, hands down and without reservation.

7) In 1979, when this recording was popular, ESPN launched. Do you often watch that cable sports channel?
No. I am not a fan of TV sports programs at all.

8)  Also in 1979, the Voyager spacecraft sent photos back to earth that revealed Jupiter's rings. Without looking it up, can you name all the planets in our solar system?

Yes, sure I can. We had to memorize them in school.
 Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune , Pluto


9) Random question: Our Saturday 9 Wizards give you a choice -- you can be 20 years old and gorgeous, 30 years old and brilliant, or 40 years old and rich. Which do you choose?

Rich and 40. Though why couldn't you offer 20 and rich?

See you tomorrow for Sunday Stealing.

5 comments:

  1. It would be so nice to be rich! 20 and rich would be great! Loved your answers! Have a great weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet of your daughter! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have been too foolhardy at 20 if I was rich. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to handpick my choices, too,for #9. lol That turned out to be the toughest question!
    It was so nice of your daughter to help you clean house and then take you out to eat.
    Going down to the bay and watching the boats come in and go out is one of the joys of life.
    It is so calming to be there at sunset...Have a great week, Annie... May you walk in beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love your answer for #1. I jsut do not a body of water nearby.. unless you count the puddle by the door!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.