Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Designer's Choice, Tuesday 4

Hot! The Jersey shore hit the high 90's this week and the beaches are full of vacationers.
It's that time of year.
It's that time of the week too so here  is Toni's Tuesday 4.


Designer's Choice (Use Photos If Possible)...

1.   My home would be in the style of?
I grew up in a Victorian home. I would love one again but I also like Tudor houses. 
This is a house for sale in my home town. It is almost like the one in which I grew up.
 


 
2.   My kind of furniture style is?
Traditional is what I have. This living room is very much my style.
 
Below is my current living room or part of it. The other half has the piano and chair , sofa...
 
The little round table in the corner is getting a new top which will be much larger and take up the corner almost completely for photos. I need a new sofa too.

3.   My floors would be covered with?
Hard wood floors are nicest and what I have.

4.   My landscaping would look like?
Lots of tall beach grasses, climbing plants, lilacs, a few park benches here and there,  bunches of black eyed Susans, a few water features scattered around, wisteria over the porch and mountain pinks all over the place.    Hey.. that's what I have now!   

This was fun! Thanks Toni. We are all thinking of Toni and praying for her today.
 
 

9 comments:

  1. I love your style of house and gardens...what I love too. Must have a porch, and the gardens with the benches and I'd love a swing too. My new house will need some work to get any flowers growing, etc., as no one has ever planted anything there. So I will be starting from scratch, but at least I will have a big "water feature"...the pond! Your tastes and mine are very similar, although I could also go rustic in a cabin very easily...I really need two homes...but that will never be, so I will have to combine my tastes into one. Have a blessed day. Stay cool if you can!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice style of a house! I would like to have some lilacs as well! Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, smiles. We have the same taste. I would love to live by the sea, smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Annie! Oh I love you style, my fav too, as well as traditional decor! Front porches and flowers, and the sound of water! Hubby built a little wandering pond for me by our deck and the gazebo, we love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a fan of the 1920's - 1940's bungalows , with hardwood floors , big windows , porches...aaaahhhh ! Victorians have always been a favorite , but now are too large to maintain...and so , something smaller . The English gardens are lovely , but the herds of wild deer here eat everything I'm stupid enough to plant...sigh...
    Your style is timeless and wonderful...so welcoming and warm...
    Thank you for sharing !
    Toni is wrapped in fervent prayers for rapid and complete healing and joy .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your home ideas! This is fun. I love to look at houses. Yes, prayers have been said for Toni for sure! Loved your answers. Have a nice Tuesday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your living room, from that little bit it looks very inviting. I also love that house, what a beautiful place to live. Hope all is well with you, have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Annie, I enjoyed your pictures. I had a traditional living room at our other home because we also had a family room. This house only has a family room that is geared more for the grands. We did inherit my mother in law's baby grand piano. I really like Craftsmen style home. We rented one when we were first married. You are blessed to live by the sea!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.