Monday, September 23, 2019

Autumn's Arrival


...Don't  you just
 LOVE
Autumn? 

Yes Joe,
 I love everything in the autumn.
It is a season that makes you feel good to be alive.
I think it has the perfect blend of color, temperatures and that certain crispness in the air that heighten the senses. At least, it does that for me.
I think we sense the change of seasons in the shading of the shadows, the filtering of light from the sun, the changes in the feel of the air, the breeze.. everything begins to change as autumn settles in.
Fall announces itself with masses of falling leaves.. hence the name "Fall".

This quote from one of my all time favorite movies, "You've Got Mail" was so true, so sweet, that I had to make a graphic for it.
Don't you just love Autumn?




5 comments:

  1. Hi Ann, I don't have an email for you so am responding here to your comment at my post. Please feel free to share it on Facebook. You can also delete this comment after you read it. Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely do love the fall. However we went from summer to almost winter overnight and it has now been raining for going on 3 weeks or so. One can't even enjoy a nice walk (at least I can't) due to the heavy rainfall. I guess I'll take it over heavy snowfall ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fall and am truly looking forward to the cooler days here in Florida. They are coming...I can feel it in the air in the early morning and evening...and I can see it in the change of the position of the sun and moon. Newly sharpened pencils...what a nostalgic smell!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Autumn has always been my favorite. I look forward to all the beautiful colors and cooler weather. You've Got Mail is also one of my favorite movies as is that saying. Have a blessed week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As The Summer Girl , I wait all year to finally be warm in summer . This year's humidity sent me dashing from one air conditioned area to the next ! The cooler days are much appreciated now . There are cravings for thick and hearty soups , crusty bread fresh form the oven (a neglected appliance this summer) and fragrant apple desserts...aaahhh...
    A favorite movie , indeed !
    thank you !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.