Saturday, September 28, 2019

Sunday Stealing

Time for another Sunday of Theft and Thieves from Sunday Stealing hosted by Bev.

 This week's questions come from Markandangel

If you could instill one piece of advice in a newborn baby’s mind, what advice would you give?
Trust in God and don't learn by experience.  Learning by experience is the stupid way and the painful way.

What is the most desirable trait another person can possess?
Morality

What are you most grateful for?
Life

Is stealing to feed a starving child wrong?
No, it is not wrong, if you have exhausted all other avenues first.

What do you want most?
Peace and love.

Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
I am more concerned with doing right things in a right manner.

What has life taught you recently?
That things are becoming more black and white in the world.


What is the one thing you would most like to change about the world?
People and their attitudes.

Where do you find inspiration?
In a ton of different places and different times and situations.

Can you describe your life in a six word sentence?
I try to dance in rain.

If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
Because mistakes hurt and mostly we only partly learn from mistakes.Mistakes and misjudgements, etc. are born of our inability to see the world and ourselves clearly and one experience does not fix that at all.

What impact do you want to leave on the world?
The world is a huge place with billions of people. I will not have any impact on the  world, just perhaps on my own little section of it.

What is the most defining moment of your life thus far?
There is not one thing I can point to. Many things go into making life, experiences, etc. and they are ongoing every day.


In the haste of your daily life, what are you not seeing?
I don't know since I can't see it. 

If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
Because we like some of the wrong things and want more and more of what might not be good for us.

What lifts your spirits when life gets you down?
Good people.

Have you ever regretted something you did not say or do?
I suppose I have but in the end not everything you think has to come out of your mouth and many of the things you regret not doing were probably just not worth it in the first place.

Has your greatest fear ever come true?
I don't know what that would be but evidently not.

Why do we think of others the most when they’re gone?
The same reason people want autumn in the summer, summer in the winter, etc.  People always want what they can't have more than things right in their grasp.
People take others for granted as well.

What is your most beloved childhood memory?
 I can't think of one specific thing..sorry.

8 comments:

  1. I ja, I try also to dance in the rain! Good questions and answers. Love to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very thought provoking today (and I forgot about the Sunday Stealing). I was thinking about the childhood memories earlier; I received two friend requests from my paternal cousins...probably time to make amends. I haven't seen or spoken to cousins/family in 15 years. We are all in our 50's and 60's now. Time to grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love every one of your answers Annie. My mind is not working these days enough to do the Saturday 9 and Sunday Stealing meme much anymore. Maybe I'll settle down and get back to thinking again LOL! Be blessed on your holiday New Year dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't understand your answer to the first question. Everything is an experience, even if you learn by watching other people, that's an experience. Answering this and wondering what you really meant is an experience. So, scratching my head here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can take your parents advice, God's advice, etc on not doing things because you will get hurt in the process or, you can do things for the "experience" and end up getting hurt badly. It is better to learn from truth and do that, rather than experience bad things for yourself.
      I realize not all experiences are bad, but I was referring to experiences that can lead to trouble and hurt,even death. Example: If I tell you that if you drive too fast,you can get killed or kill another, you should take my advice and not experience those things for yourself.

      Delete
  5. Oh, I definertly got your answer to number 1.. for me it would be because learning by experience alone one is attaching their own understnding to the event how what and why, and our our understanding is what get us into trouble.. lean not on your own understanding;in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. I love the depth of your answers... Always a joy to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your 6-word sentence. That's what we all should be trying to do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Strange how good advice not taken , leads to bad experiences easily avoided !
    Terrific questions...terrific answers !
    Wonderful to visit here...have an enjoyable day , my friend 1

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.