Thursday, September 12, 2019

Watching the Sky...

Sky watching is a great pastime. Everyone does it to one extent or another. Or, at least, they do watch something.  I even will just stand and watch the sky in a parking lot. Do you do that or am I alone in that?
When I lived in the west, I watched the mountains as they changed throughout the day. Yellow, pink, tan then to purple in the evening.
The ocean changes too with the time of day. It can be gray, green, navy blue, turquoise, purple and pink as it mirrors the sky above.
All of these photos are in my neighborhood and taken with my Android phone and I am joining Skywatch Friday and my own Friday Photos.   You can enlarge any photo by clicking on it.




When the sun is going down....

Gray in the early part of the day. Clouds like cotton dotting the horizon.
More sunsets below. Oranges, reds and pinks reflect on the water.



In my backyard the sky and trees are reflected in the big pond.

I love when the sky is bright powder blue and the water goes with it.. If you peek through the phragmites(frag-mighties) you Sautcan see it in all it's glory.

Saturday is Saturday 9 and hopefully I won't forget to participate. See you then.

15 comments:

  1. I love watching the sky, the clouds, treetops! Sunrises, sunsets. I do find myself gazing off in the distance, looking at mountains, we are so alike Annie! I love your Fall header!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Its wonderful just to gaze and look. So wonderful also to find blog friends who have kindred spirits.

      Delete
  2. Yes, I always love to watch the sky, morning noon and night. It is never exactly the same. God's amazing power to create and design our skies for us to enjoy is limitless. When we moved to Kansas for a brief stint I could imagine the clouds looked like our mountains back in New Hampshire, where we had just come from. I was terribly homesick for those mountains, and we soon moved back there. But then we moved to Florida and the skies here are always interesting and on the move. Love it. Your pictures are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've lived in a lot of great places Pamela! New Hampshire is wonderful. I have been to the seashore there and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome sky photos Annie. I too stop in parking lots to watch the sky but only at sunset :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Photos as usual Annie. I love looking at them. I also love your new look in here too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great collection of photos showing different colors and textures. You certainly do keep an eye on the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always glancing up at the sky, and I get antsy when it gets pretty. I always feel like I should be out there with my camera. You have some beautiful shots with this post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful scenes, from different sky observations.
    Also, I love to look at the sky, every mood is impressive. My sky ..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bei diesen Aufnahmen kann man einfach die Seele baumeln lassen, faszinierend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OHHHHHHHHHHHHH You changed the background here...very nice my friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am always checking out the sky. Your third image I have never seen the sky look like that. Interesting? Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Terrific post !
    I'm a big fan of sky gazing...love the colors and cloud shapes...fertile ground for one's imagination ! I've taken photos where the clouds look like a school of fish...an ostrich plume...one taken because it looked like a pile of whipped cream - only to discover after developing , that there was the head of a laughing , long-haired , bearded old man - clear as day !!! What an amazing world we're privileged to live in !
    Enjoy your day , my friend...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.