Sunday, October 20, 2019

Firsts.


Rain and storms at sea are the order of the day. It is  dull, dark and gray outside at noon.   The streets are slick with rain and leaves are blowing around  in a riot of  glistening color. Autumn is in full swing but not Indian Summer..those warm glowy, blowy days that mimic summer. No, this is an autumn of storms and gales and blustery nor'easters barreling down on us from every direction.
Today I am joining in for the Sunday Stealing fun.
From the hostess: "Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud)  Cheers to all of us thieves!"

 On with the show!  These are several questions stolen from Durward Discussion:  a trip through time.

                                                                "Firsts"

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
Ugh! Brush your hair!

2. Where did you go on the very first vacation of your life?
Wildwood, New Jersey with my parents. That was our only vacation ever because we didn't have much money. I remember it to this day.
I think things become special when you don't get them all the time.

3. Open the door of your refrigerator. What is the first thing you see?
A half of a cucumber  wrapped in waxed paper. I am a great fan of waxed paper.

4. Tell us about your first kiss OR your last first date.
I don't remember it . Probably wasn't too memorable at all.

5. If you had wings to fly about the universe, where is the first place you’d land?
 On Earth.   Not interested in the universe. I think Earth deserves the most attention.

6. What is the first thing you do when you get in your car?
Buckle my seat belt.

7. What is the first thing you ever said to your firstborn?
I have absolutely no idea . When I had my first pregnancy it was twins and when the first was born I was busy having the 2nd one.  I can't remember what I had to say.

8. What is the last thing you heard about your first love?
It was a remark from my daughter who saw a photo of what he looks like now: "Oh Mom! You dodged a bullet! He looks like a demented gnome!" 

9. If you had created the world in seven days yourself, what would you have created on the First Day?
Something very stupid, I am sure. I would not try to compete with the creator on this. He knew what he was doing, I never really do.

10. What is the first song in your IPOD or song list?
I think I have an IPOD but I've never used it.  I have no idea what is on it anymore.
Here on the computer play list it is Patti Austen and Sadao Watanabe 's song Any Other Fool.

11. What is the first tangible thing you lost that you could never find again?
I don't know but the first thing that really bothered me was a pair of earrings given to me by a boyfriend. They were stolen from me and I loved them.

12. Who is your favorite First Lady of all time?
I never really get involved in famous personalities so I don't really have one but if I have to say someone with class and elegance it would be Jacqueline Kennedy.
Abigail Adams was something else too, though way, way before my time, but I've read about her and she was da bomb!

13. Post a link to your first blog post.
It is on my first blog: Here  Leave a comment if you go there so I can see you were there please?
I changed the date so it would be the first post on the blog so you don't have to search for  it. Later on  I began another blog and then this one but they are all continuations of one another.
Last time I answered this no one even looked at this. Well, what can you do?

14. When was the last time you needed First Aid?
A while back when I was getting a pot out  of a lower cabinet. Since I cannot bend, I have to use a " reacher". It does not always do a good job and so things spilled out of the cabinet and one of the things was a metal recipe holder that took a tiny chunk out of my foot. I wish my kitchen suited me better.

15. Can you explain what a first down is in football?
 
  15. Can you explain what a first down is in football?
Nope, but  the Merriam -Webster dictionary can:
Definition of first down. 1 : the first of a series of usually four downs in which a football team must net a 10-yard gain to retain possession of the ball. 2 : a gain of a total of 10 or more yards within usually four downs giving the team the right to start a new series of downs.




5 comments:

  1. LOL You and Toni explaining football and what a 1st down is--hilarious. lol.

    No rain here, actually it is sunny and like 60. No worries, I am sure that will change, sigh. Have a beautiful Sunday friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such questions to answers. I am glad that I don't attempt to do this. I could never answer half of those questions! You did a good job. We had a rainy, blustery day yesterday, but we needed the rain so I can't complain. Today it is back to being hot and dry. We had two cooler days this past week and I thought fall had finally arrived, but it fooled me. I never had an Ipod, so wouldn't know how to answer that. A 1st down in football...glad you used the dictionary. I could never explain it either. 1st vacation that I can remember was back to Pennsylvania from Florida, after we had moved to FL., to pick up some of our furniture that we left behind in my uncle's barn. I remember looking for my doll carriage that was so special, and it wasn't there, and my younger cousins had "no idea" where it was either...I can't imagine someone gave it away...but it was gone and that is all I cared about. (I was probably 7 at the time). I have a similar one now for my "baby Elva", which I guess somehow helped to comfort me from my childhood loss. I wish someone would come and help reorganize your kitchen for you so that it is in a better arrangement to help you with your situation. If I lived closer I would help you. Having my canned goods, etc. in a pantry that I can reach at arm level has been such a blessing to me. I still have to stoop and bend for pots and pans, however, and that is challenging. I don't have your issues, but I have had back surgery and getting up and down is difficult, especially with heavy items. so I can relate, and I hope you can get some help. I hope the sun will shine for you soon! Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not particularly a fan of wax paper...and yet for some reason I have 4 rolls of it. Go figure.
    The kids will keep you humble, no? LOL at your daughter's description of your first love.
    Wishing you a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always have wax paper on hand! I have to use a grabber too and I'm always looking for it, I'm thinking of investing in another one so I have an extra. Visited your first blog and left a comment. Hope the weather doesn't get too bad.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.