Monday, October 21, 2019

On Monday....

Good day friends and happy Monday.
Using the Happy Homemaker Monday category list  created by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

The weather...At noontime on the New Jersey seashore, it is 64F , mostly sunny with highs in the
low 60's, winds from the NE at 10-20mph with gusting of 30mph.
Next high tide is in 1 hour. 23 minutes.

Right now I am....Sitting here having some coffee and working on the computer.

Thinking.... How the world swings like a pendulum, going from horribly puritanical ,self righteous  iron-fisted control to horribly libertine immorality and then back again. It never really reaches a happy medium. A gullible public never seem to learn from experience and children have far too much to say in the public arena today.  

On my reading pile.... I have not been reading for a while. I have been listening to books and documentaries online. I am more into academic books than novels, etc anyway.

On my TV..... Nothing as I no longer have cable, (can't afford it anymore and there is no reception here on the coast without it.) If I find something TV-ish on YouTube or Netflix I watch that sometimes.. like City Confidential on YouTube, otherwise I am more a radio person and like to hear the old time mystery such as CBS Radio Mystery Theater. Most of the episodes are online.

On the menu for this week....
  • Meatloaf, green beans, squash
  • Beef Stew
  • Mexican casserole
  • Turkey patties with mixed veggies
  • Baked chicken and brocolli
  • Baked fish and vegetables
  • Polish cabbage soup
On my to do list... I want to reorganize the shelves in the laundry room. I don't like when things are cluttered or messy.

In the craft basket....I have to recover my dining chairs.  Last time I used a Martha Stewart set of drapes to cover them and it worked beautifully as they were washable, sturdy and pretty.  Now I need to redo them with new padding and covering.

Looking forward to this week....My daughter is in Norway again this week.. arrived a few hours ago. I am looking forward to her arrival home on Friday. She travels between Norway, Moscow and London for her work.

Looking around the house....I need a new sofa and have been looking on Facebook marketplace and Craig's List for one.  I did see one at Ashley furniture for $299 down from $499 and I will save up if I don't find a good used one.

From the camera...Evening in my neighborhood:

Our cove
view of the bay



.On my prayer list.....So much. I always ask God to do what is best for us all. Praying for people who have long forgotten I exist even. I could use prayers for health and finances .
Tomorrow is Toni's Tuesday 4!



7 comments:

  1. I said a little prayer for you this evening. And thanks for the answers on the questions in your blog. Love to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are gorgeous! Your menu is amazing too. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't watch much tv here either. Never got cable when we moved here in 2011, so it's just netflix or movies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to see the chairs when you recover them. That sounds like a wonderful project. Your week's menu sounds delicious! I'll be right up! Do you cook all of that for yourself, or do you also feed your grandchildren/family during the week? Just wondering. Your daughter's travels sound so exciting. She must have a very interesting profession. Your photos are perfect. TV is overrated. We don't have cable, but we do have HULU, which is fed from the computer, but you do have to pay for the service. The nice thing is you can share it with another family member, so we share the cost. That has been a big savings for us over cable. Of course we still have to pay for Wifi in order to have that, but we have it anyway for the computer. We no longer have a house phone...just our cell phone (only one). But at least we aren't inundated with robo calls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to add my prayers to the others. Lord, please do what's best for all of us...Amen!
    The world surely does swing back and forth from one extreme to the other, but I don't know if it will make it back the other way or not. A lot of things going on sound like what the Bible describes for the end times. Who knows? Well, other than God.
    Meatloaf? I wish I had been at your house for dinner. It's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful view! Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are on my mind Annie as I always wonder about your heart condition. Now I will most certainly add you to my prayer list. Every one of us has needs and those of us who pray should pray for the needs of others. I pray that God would undertake some miracles for you in both health and finances.

    Your plans going forward sound good. You will feel a sense of accomplishment once you fix the chairs. I hope you will find everything you need for free or at a minimal price. It's usually just a matter of time on Craigslist or FB.

    Your menu for the week looks awesome. This past month or more I am really having to get creative with the menu to help with the budget. We've been enjoying some delicious foods. Just today we had fish head soup, lol. The fish heads are Atlantic salmon which I bought yesterday. I enjoyed it. I also bought a lot of onions over the past while and for a change I'm going to try my hand at French Onion soup probably without the alcohol ingredient as that is just an added cos. Though I know it does enhance flavour it doesn't take away from the goodness not to add it (imho).

    have a good and blessed weekend. I really enjoyed your beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.