Friday, October 18, 2019

Really Love to See You Tonight.. Saturday 9

Happy weekend friends!
Its a chilly weekend here at the New Jersey shore this weekend. What is happening in your neck of the woods?

I'd Really Love to See You Tonight (1976)
This is a song I really enjoy and have felt this way many times.
Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it  here

1) This song is about a guy who, out of the blue, phones an ex. Have you ever spontaneously phoned or emailed a former lover? Has an ex ever reached out to you?

I have never gotten in touch with an old boyfriend and no one ever reached out to me either.

2) He suggests walking through the park, taking a drive along the beach, or watching TV. Do any of those suggestions appeal to you right now?
Any one of them would be great with the right person. There are parks right on the beaches, and you can watch TV at some of the small restaurants etc. on the boardwalks, so you could do all three at once!

3) "England Dan" got his nickname because he was a passionate Beatles fan and would affect a British accent when he talked about his favorite group. Are you good at imitating accents?

Sometimes I can be, yes.

4) Dan met John Colley when they were high school classmates in Dallas. When they were still kids, they agreed that "John Ford Coley" would be a better stage name. Think back to your high school days. Which of your friends daydreamed along with you?

None of them really

5) After the duo disbanded, "England Dan" went to Nashville, billed himself by his real name -- Dan Seals -- and recorded country music. Who is your favorite country performer?

There are a few of them.  Gretchen Wilson, Hal Ketchum , Josh Turner, George Strait, Dierks Bentley. Mostly I like certain songs by them.


6) Today John Ford Coley lives in TN. He performs occasionally and raises horses. Have you ever been to TN?

Yes, I have been there. 

7) In 1975, when this song was popular, Foster Grant Sunglasses had a suggested retail price of $5/pair. Do you buy sunglasses more for fashion or utility?
I wear prescription sunglasses as I am near sighted.

8) The most popular movie of 1975 was Jaws. Have you seen it?
Yes. I've seen Jaws many times and enjoy it each time. I've seen all the movies in the series.

9) Random question: Excluding anyone related to you by blood or marriage, what man are you closest to?
 I am not close to any man at all and probably never was.


 England Dan passed on in 2009 at age 61.

A bit of truth here:




11 comments:

  1. Oh, I didn't England Dan died! He had a lovely voice, didn't he? RIP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Country performers! I haven't heard Hal Ketchum in years...I really liked him. I wonder what became of him? My daughter was one of Gretchen Wilson's biggest fans so there was a time I heard her music nonstop.
    Once again I'm a tinge jealous of your living by the shore.
    Have a blessed Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo I forgot about George Strait... like him too! Happy Saturday1

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your answers. I didn't know that England Dan died (or did I? Vaguely remember). I hope you have a lovely day, regardless of the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for today's post !
    Good questions...ditto your answers...
    The quote by Rebecca West is so very much on point ! It seems those with strong baseless opinions tend to attack when their positions are threatened...especially when they have no intention of changing said positions ! Can't we all just get along ???
    Woke up to rainbows on my ceiling this morning...wonderful crystals !
    Have a splendid day , my friend !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your quote at the end! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great answers today, Annie! As always! can I count my visit with you as a visit t0 the beach., That might make me feel a little better!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love that quote! And, you have the idealic place to live! I knew of Josh Turner but didn't know about the crash. mon dieu!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your answers! Yes, it’s really about the right person! Great quote at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Again, great answers Annie. Enjoyed reading them and I too like Josh Turner he has a fantastic voice. Love the quote by Rebecca West too. I didn't do this one but I did the Sunday Stealing today. Have a blessed Sunday my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.