Saturday, January 25, 2020

Winter

There were thunderous ,torrential downpours for Saturday's weather but as I write this on Saturday night the rain has stopped.
Whatever the weather will be Sunday, it will be a day for stealing and I am joining in with the Sunday Stealing gang for yet another heist.
We are hosted by Bev Sykes:
" Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!"



Winter questions stolen from Swap Bot

    How do you get past the gray skies during winter?
 
I don't want to get past them. I want to enjoy them.
I look at things like this:  Summer skies are mostly sunny and even spring and fall are mostly sunny and warm. It's lovely to have  a change of scenery.. silver skies, not gray. White landscape. Silver and white are gorgeous together.
When other seasons come you are ready to enjoy them as well.
How great  it is to bundle up in wonderful warm coats and hats and scarves and a pair of lovely boots.  And when you come inside you are happy to be warm, happy to have a hot drink and meal, happy for a furnace or fire. You appreciate the indoors so much where you can be cozy and warm.
 


   Do you like snow? Why or why not?
Oh, yes. It's a gift to condition soil.. to help plants grow in spring and it is so beautiful.
If people learn to get around in it, and it is quite possible, there isn't too much of a problem.
It gives children the joy of sledding, skating, snowmen and snowball fights.
 

    What are your favorite activities to do during the winter?
Before I was disabled, they included skating and sledding and just running around in the snow in the yard.  And I love taking photos of the winter snow. 
Now I am content to look at it and sometimes walk in it and of course sit in the garden and enjoy it.

    What does a perfect winter day look like to you?
Silver sky, whitened landscape, icy, blustery winds and glowing pink cheeks.


 
    What are your favorite meals/food you enjoy eating during the winter?
Chili, Irish stew,Rumbledethumps,  Colcannon, Italian foods.

    What is your favorite winter holiday and why?
I love the Christmas/Chanukah season with all the joy and lights.
I love seeing everyone's houses lit up and looking so joyous and inviting.

    What is your favorite pizza flavor and toppings.
Cheese pizza with mushrooms and roasted red peppers.
There is a great kosher place where the pizza is some of the best I ever had. Just so good...!!!
 
    What are some items in your daily bag/ backpack.
 
In my purse: wallet, card holder, comb, tissues, lipstick.
 
    Your favorite snacks.
Celery, carrots,almonds, peanut butter, apple, popcorn with no salt.

    Some foreign countries that you would like to visit
 Wales , Tahiti, Portugal
 
 

    What things that remind you of home

Kitchen scents, clean shiny floors, homemade afghans,pillows, tin ceilings in kitchen, Victorian woodwork, stained glass windows, needlepoint on chairs.

    If you have one, some items from your Amazon Wish list
 
I don't have an Amazon wish list. I don't like Amazon or anything to do with it. It makes people anti-social ("I hate crowds and people")   
We are becoming an insular people who lack in social ability and getting along with others because people don't like  interacting with others anymore.
Pretty soon friends, you will not find  many places to shop anymore.
 It will soon be only Amazon and  that ilk etc. And you will be forced to buy cheap, shoddy foreign made products at very high prices. 
Prices will soar once the competition is gone.
As for a general non Amazon list:
1. a new roof
2. new sink and counter in kitchen because this one is just destroyed
3 money for garden plants this spring.

    What was your favorite Christmas gift?
My favorite gifts for any time of year  are always what children made or bought for me.
 
 Stop by again on Monday.



10 comments:

  1. I like your attitude about the gray days of winter. I'm somewhat like that, but since our weather has changed and isn't really all that sunny in Spring, Summer, or Fall and is at times completely oppressive in Winter...I find that I physically crave sunshine at the worst times of grayness. There are times when we go weeks without sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like grey skies you would love England - Manchester in particular.

    You will also love Wales. It is so mountainous and beautiful.

    I'm only an hour away by car.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning !
    Another interesting post ! Visiting here is a marvelous way to start my day !!!
    Your gulls are wonderful...are they trolling for French Fries ? There was a small food place nearby frequented by gulls , who seemed to know when the humans would bring food to the car to eat . Those hapless souls would be "flocked" by the beggars , who generally got away with Fries flung in self defense !
    Enjoy the season...be warm and well , my friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m afraid I’ve lost my appreciation for winter skies and snow. That’s what happens when you have to commute to work in bad weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I have been to Tahiti. Beautiful. ANWYAYS...I always enjoy your answers, smiles. Have a beautiful Sunday, my friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very thoughtful answers today. Loved the snow pictures. If we didn't have to deal with the farm in snow, I would like it much better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love all the beautiful lights at the holiday season as well. We often take a car ride just to see the lights and how all have decorated
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww yes, gifts from children are wonderful! I have of of those too that are dear to my heart.
    I love snow, I just wish we got more snow. We get a lot of ice and that is not much fun. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I forgot to mention earlier how much I love your new header. We are very similar in our admiration of the various seasons we enjoy. I was very fortunate not to have to stress out over getting out and traveling in bad weather. I appreciate your response to the Amazon question. And I agree with the decline in our culture of social interaction, but at the same time I enjoy the convenience on online shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Annie, your blog décor is so pretty, I'm enjoying the seagulls flying around the page, so peaceful. Enjoyed reading your answers, I like your outlook on gray(silver) winter days. Hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.