Monday, February 10, 2020

Lemon,Garlic, Dijon Chicken .

Several people asked for my recipe for lemon, Dijon and garlic chicken. I made it up as I was making it but it turned out very nicely.
Here is how I made it:
I used 6 large chicken thighs but I think you could use this combo on any cut of chicken or even a whole chicken.
 I mixed the juice of one huge lemon with some stone ground Dijon mustard  (be sure it's stone ground style), a lot of finely chopped garlic and a good amount of Mrs. Dash's Chicken seasoning.
Next you prick the chicken all over to ensure that some of the liquid goes into the chicken itself.
I poured it over the chicken and put it in the refrigerator for a few hours.  You can sample the sauce as you go to get it just as you want it. I like it very lemony.
Next time I will marinate the chicken over night.

I pre-heated the oven to 375F and baked them for 15 minutes, then reduced the heat to 350F for the rest of the cooking time. I cook them til they are nicely browned and done inside which I think takes about an hour.
It made enough sauce to put in a gravy boat.
You'll find the marinade sauce loses a bit of flavor as it mixes with the oils and juices of the chicken so use plenty of spice and lemon.

I served them with Italian green beans in a homemade tomato sauce and spinach. I use two veggies because I try not to eat carbohydrates like potatoes, rice or pasta.
If you eat starches, you might like to try the chicken on a bed of rice or pasta.
The more lemon you use I think the better. The Dijon and spices added a great taste.
I know this is a half baked recipe, but, it's really how I cook things and they usually turn out fairly well.
If you try it, let me know will you and tell me what tweaks it might need.
I refrigerated the rest of the sauce the chicken generated after I added a bit more seasoning and lemon to it. I used it on some eggs and it was delicious that way as well.

We are due for rain for the next couple of days and though it has been very cold it looks like it will be in the 40s for the next several days.
I was watching some things on YouTube, which I often do, and found a lovely tour of Camden, Maine where the movie Peyton Place was filmed.  It made me want to move. Camden is beautiful.. mountains, forest, seaside and that lovely Maine weather.    If I could I would move there in a heart beat but family keeps me here.
I enjoy old movies like Peyton Place, A Summer Place, View from the Terrace ,  Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, The Young Philadelphians(both Paul Newman), All About Eve  and Deception (Bette Davis).
Then there is Mildred Pierce and Harriet Craig, two good Joan Crawford movies.
Movies today don't  measure up for the most part.
This video shows the locations in Camden where the movie was filmed.  The background music is the theme from Peyton Place.  I thought I would share it with you; it's lovely.


2 comments:

  1. I have never been to Camden. Looks like a lovely place, smiles. The chicken recipe sounds good, the guys like thighs and like breast, I am sure I can adapt the recipe. Have a great day, friend. It looks like another winter storm will be heading in by the weekend here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve driven through Camden but never really had the time to explore. Looks interesting

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.