Saturday, March 28, 2020

Connie Francis And Sat 9

Hello. Another week has passed by and the weekend is upon us. We are promised rain for Saturday.. as I am writing this very late Thursday night, I won't know for a bit. While the weather might be chilly and rainy, Saturday 9 is not usually either of those, so we can visit there for a bit.
Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

 Saturday 9: Everybody's Somebody's Fool (1960)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

  I've seen Connie in old movies like Where the Boys Are and enjoyed her singing. I am a  fan of old movies and old songs.

1) Next Wednesday is April Fool's Day. Do you have any pranks planned? Do you expect to fall victim to any April Fool's Day mischief?
Nope. Usually don't participate and am not into that at all.

2) When she was a kid, Crazy Sam would fool her mom by putting bubble wrap under the bath map so there would be a POP! when her mother stepped on it. When you encounter bubble wrap, do you always indulge in a pop or two?

Yes. if I won't reuse it I do.

3) While we're using this song to celebrate April Fool's Day, it was written about another subject entirely: heartbreak. The lyrics tell us that at some point, we each get our hearts broken by someone who doesn't love us as much as we love them. Do you think that's true?

I know it's true. It is 100% true.

4) In 1962, this week's featured Connie Francis published a book aimed at teens called For Every Young Heart. It addressed topics like going steady and schoolwork vs. social life. Do you ever read advice columns or self-help books?

I've read a few books on psychology etc.  but otherwise no. . 

5) Connie Francis can play the accordion. Sam has never met anyone adept at this complicated instrument -- not even in her high school band. What about you? Do you play the accordion, or do you know anyone who can?
I've known several people who played the accordion very well, yes.

6) In 1960, when this record was popular, Harper Lee's classic To Kill a Mockingbird was published. Have you read it?

No, I am not interested  in books of that type. Wouldn't have read it even if it had been assigned in high school  or university which is was not.

7) Also in 1960, one of Life magazine's best-selling issues had Sophia Loren on the cover. At that time, she was an international film star and considered one of the world's most beautiful women. Who do you consider one of 2020's most beautiful women?

No one I can think of at the present time. Many are attractive, but beautiful is a whole different category.
When I think of beautiful I think Elizabeth Taylor or Gene Tierney or Jaclyn Smith. 

8) A 1960 issue of Vogue acknowledged how expensive it had become to maintain a fashionable wardrobe and asked, "If you were to buy only one thing, what would it be?" If it's good enough for Vogue, it's good enough for Saturday 9: If you could purchase only one new article of clothing for spring 2020, what would you buy?

A nice retro dress. Maybe something 1930ish. I like the languid styles of the 30's very much.

9) Random question: When someone makes you really angry, are you more likely to respond with stony silence or a big noise?

It depends on the situation.  Mostly I will write the person off.  Not every situation calls for the same response so I just can't say what I would do.


See you for Sunday Stealing fellow thieves!

9 comments:

  1. I like your spring wardrobe choice! The retro styles that are out there are very lovely. I think I could picture you in the 30's. :) Have a lovely day, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Connie Francis and remember her movies, although I was still a little bit young for her. My older sister was more of a fan than I was. I used to read "Dear Abby" or "Dear Ann Landers" back in the day. They usually had good common sense advice to give. I believe our most beautiful 2020 woman right now would be our First Lady, Melania Trump. She is not given fair treatment in the press as they just try to destroy her by bringing up the past. But I believe she is a very intelligent and beautiful woman, and I admire her ability to stay cool and calm in the midst of much turmoil. New clothing...hmmm, I would love a classic evening gown of some kind, but have no place to wear it, so it would be a waste. It's too sad that women really don't dress up anymore like they used to. Of course, I appreciate being comfortable and casual as well, but once in a while it would be lovely to be "lovely". Have a blessed and beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #9 -- It's true, not every situation is the same. My response would depend a lot on who I was upset with and where we were.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the word you use to describe the 30's style! So true!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I could sit all day and watch old movies (black and white ones). Last night, I had had enough of the news and when my husband got up to go do something, I changed the channel and watched, "Dinner for Eight" from 1933 with Jean Harlow, Billie Burke and the great Marie Dressler.

    Have a great day friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not a fan of April Fool's Day either. I never have been. Josh would love your style! He loves that time period. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. TMC is supposed to have a whole period of old movies coming up but I don't know the date. Some kind of old film festival, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The old movies actually told the story...made sense ! Today , for many movies , a lack of technology would leave the viewed with a blank green screen !
    The thirties offered wonderful , flattering clothes for women...sigh...
    So nice to visit here - thank you !!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.