Monday, March 2, 2020

Food! Tuesday 4

We are expecting rain as I write this on Monday afternoon but it is warm and sunny outside right now with no rain in sight. It was cold yesterday but 64 today. Spring is volatile and changeable in so many ways.  But then perhaps humans are the same way.   Well, what would life be without some change? Boring perhaps.
Here is Tuesday 4 begun by our own dear Toni Taddeo and kept in honor and memory of her.

1.   How often do you find yourself shopping for groceries?
Picnic Time!
I do my big shopping once a month and then fill in as needed. I buy my meats(beef, chicken, turkey)for the month and a whole lot of vegetables as  my plate consists of 3/4 vegetables and 1/4 meat or eggs.
2. Do you have a favorite night time snack?
If I get hungry at night, which is rare, I will have some celery or a carrot.  But most often just some water or some Postum as it seems like hunger when in reality you just need water.
3.  Do you buy in bulk and what kinds of tips do you have to save money on grocery shopping?
I buy large packages of toilet paper but since I live in a tiny cottage, and I do mean tiny, I have no place to store bulk items. I do buy water in bulk as I don't drink the "city water" since they closed down our wells in a money grab scheme. My tip would be buy what is in season and on sale. Use coupons if you have them.  
4. Let's have a picnic in the park.
What foods are we packing and will we cook anything there or is it all prepared ahead of time?
Potato Salad and Sandwiches or we can cook hot dogs and hamburgers. I also like roasted peppers, zucchini , etc.
Coconut cake.(I can't eat cake but, this is my favorite along with German Black Forest Cake)
Baked beans can be nice for a picnic too.

See you tomorrow.

11 comments:

  1. I am fasting processed sugar items right now so no cakes, cookies, pies and all the sweet goodies. Your cakes sure sound good! I don't like celery by itself but I do like it with tuna and in soups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have room to store much, either, so my Sam's Club membership doesn't get much of a workout. I like celery and carrots for a snack with a bit of roasted garlic hummus. It was fun to imagine a picnic today. Have a great week, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, I’ll be dipping those carrots in hummus, too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its pouring rain here this morning, sigh. We have a basement that we store things...ugh on the money grabbing scheme of seizing folks wells, what's up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fortunately we have the room to buy in bulk. Enjoyed your answers.
    Have a great Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We don't have room to store bulk either. It is pouring rain right now! Coconut Cake sounds divine!

    I hope you can stop by:

    https://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2020/03/tuesday-4-3320.html


    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  7. We do our big shopping at Costco. I had to look up Postum. I totally forgot about dessert for the picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hot dogs and hamburgers sound good to me! Love your new header, and still lovin' those seagulls!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, yes, yes to potato salad! I only ever eat it at picnics or barbecues. I guess it tastes best on a paper plate, balanced on my thigh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are huge picnic-ers. Indoor, outdoor, anywhere. But we almost always get take-out and hit a park.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello !
    Good questions / good answers !
    Love the little illustrations...so dear...
    Your picnic menu sounds great - I'm definitely in the mood for hot dogs and potato salad ,especially the kind made by a friend of mine...it's the best ever !
    A family member makes a wonderful tuna macaroni salad , with shredded carrot and peas...sooo good for a picnic or ...always !
    Have a splendid day !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.