Saturday, March 21, 2020

Ludwig Von Beethoven



Weather in NJ warm 80 ° F and humid today. Humidity is for the birds but good on the complexion, they say. Whoever they are.
Outside my window the peepers in my yard are LOUD for such tiny little buys.
> However, Saturday 9 is good for you and will probably also clear up your complexion and help you lose weight, you fatty you.... so here we go.

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Complete Symphonies (2019)
Ludwig Von Beethoven

This week we're classing up the joint with a well-received box-set by the Danish Chamber Orchestra. You can listen to the orchestra here. ( i used   YouTube since I don't want to go to Spotify)

1) Beethoven is one of classical music's best known composers. Do you often listen to classical music?

Yes, I do. Very often.

2) Though a musical genius, Beethoven never learned to multiply or divide. When faced with a simple arithmetic problem, do you do it in your head? Or do you rely on the calculator in your phone or on your computer?

 I do it in my head or use paper. Using a calculator is a sure way to destroy your mind and your IQ will be lowered.

3) Beethoven bathed often, which was considered "quirky" for a man of his time. (Understandable, since you had the heat the water, haul it to the tub, and then empty the tub bucket by bucket when you were done.) Do you bathe in the morning or in the evening?

Night as I don't like to go to bed and dirty the sheets, etc. I wash hair in daytime, so I shower then too. However, if you ever must use the old method.. do it this way... Lather up outside the tub.. Stand in a tub and rinse with fresh water. Don't sit in a bathtub and then have to rinse with dirty water. In summer, use cool water, you won't melt I promise you.

4) Adam Fischer conducts the Danish Chamber Orchestra for this 5-disc set. He began his musical career young, when he sang in the children's choir of Budapest's National Opera House. Have you ever sung in a choir or chorus?

Yes, choirs, choruses and A Capella groups both.

5) Mr. Fischer was awarded the Gold Medal of Arts from the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC. Tell us about a prize or award you have received. (Yes, that ribbon you earned for penmanship in second grade counts.)

I've won medals for track, riding.

6) The Danish Chamber Orchestra is beloved in Denmark. When, in 2014, the Danish Broadcasting Company announced it would no longer fund the Orchestra, citizens began a crowdfunding campaign and raised more than $1,000,000 to keep the music playing. Have you ever contributed to a crowdfunding platform, like GoFundMe, Kickstarter or FundRazr?

No.

7) The Orchestra's "home" is the Royal Danish Conservatory of Music in Copenhagen. Where were you when you last heard music played live?

The Metropolitan Opera house in New York City.


8) In 2019, when this boxed set was released, China became the first nation to land a spacecraft on the far side of the moon. Are you fascinated by stories about space?

No. Not interested in junk science or propaganda.

9) Random question: Tell us about your week. These are extraordinary times, and it might feel good to share.

   Nothing new here for me not going anywhere. 
Humanity has gone through much worse without so much whining. Its truly sad to hear it all.
 There was a stone age, iron age, bronze age, and now we are in the Snowflake age. I opted out of it.



12 comments:

  1. My husband is a Mozart fan, so we do listen to Mozart frequently, with other composers sprinkled in as well. I prefer music that I can sing to and understand the words...but classical music is peaceful and calming. I also sang in high school chorus, which included A Capella groups as well. I have sung in church choirs forever, and even directed our church choir many years ago. Math was never my best subject, but I became a very good bookkeeper for many years. I am thankful to be retired now, however, and only have to take care of our own personal finances, which are pretty simple. My biggest "prize" or award was being the Spelling Bee Champ for our school. When I went to the county spelling bee I missed the word "spaghetti" after spelling all the big, difficult words. It was quite embarrassing and I still stumble over that word today! LOL. We will survive this present crisis and come out stronger on the other side. I pray for those who are being affected both physically and economically...it is very stressful for families especially right now. But God is in control and He will bring good out of this crisis in the end. We just have to be patient and diligent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have weathered other storms, we will survive this as well.

    I’ve never been to the Met. I’ve been to Lincoln Center many times, seen the NYC Ballet and a number of theatrical productions, but never got around to the opera. I must do it, after this crisis is over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I haven't been on a horse in decades! It sure would feel great right now to be on a trail. Today it's going to be nice and cool, a lovely day for a ride.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bahwahahahahaha Snowflake age...indeed, my friend, indeed. I have been enjoying our 'conversations' via FB, Annie, just letting you know. smiles.

    Have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the lovely musical interlude , my multi-talented friend !
    It is a pleasure to visit here...so many goodies and a wonderful way to start the day !
    Be safe and well...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm betting a concert at the Met would be absolutely amazing! It is a rather whiny age, isn't it? Stay safe by the sea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't listen to classical music, but guess I should because
    one of my brothers gives classical concerts on his piano.
    I take my shower at night.
    I was spelling bee champ in the 6th grade, went onto compete
    on the radio and spelled the word "odor" wrong. I spelled it
    "oder". I have never forgotten how to correctly spell it since.
    Have a great Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always took my shower at night and washed my hair in the morning when I was in school. I am not sure when that changed, but now I have to shower first thing in the morning when I am working. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. When you said riding, you meant a horse right? I liked looking in the orchestra pit when we saw Phantom. I saw it in Las Vegas with hubby and New York with my parents.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you boomers are shutting down the entire economy because you're afraid of a flu. Seriously, can you boomers kill yourselves? You are the most selfish generation to ever exist. You don't give a shit about climate change, why should we young people give a shit if you get sick and die of some virus? I HOPE the virus gets much stronger and kills you all.

    Do you boomers realize how universally hated you are? There is not one single demographic that does not hate you- white people, black people, asians, mexicans, indians, chinese, millennials, GenX, GenZ. Something tells me that you boomers are not going to have a very comfortable or easy retirement, especially once you end up in the retirement homes.

    Can you baby boomers hurry up and fucking drop dead? Enjoy your retirement homes cause we younger people will not take care of you even if we wanted to, due to the shitty economy you boomers created. Do you boomers realize that the younger generation is simply waiting for you to fucking drop dead?

    You are all going to end up in retirement homes and we all know that the elderly gets treated pretty badly in retirement homes. Well, that's what you get for ruining your own children's lives. Even if your children WANTED to take care of you, they couldn't, due to you boomers destroying the economy. So I hope you enjoy the retirement homes, boomer scum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a Boomer. So major fail there. Boomers didn't cause the economic problem so much as the Congress did. Just vote them out. You are scared and it shows in your comment. You are afraid of what is happening right now and your lashing out hard. This is probably your first crisis in life. You never saw war, never saw poverty, etc. so understandably you are scared out of your mind right now. It will work out. It really will. Most boomer kids are doing really well actually with good jobs, high pay etc and most boomer parents are not hurting financially either. So chill. And remember, there is such a thing as Karma so be careful wishing people death.

      Delete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.