Friday, March 20, 2020

Sky Above/Sea Below



Here is how you distance yourself .....
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Well, it's not far down to paradise, at least it's not for me 
And if the wind is right you can sail away and find tranquility
Oh, the canvas can do miracles, just you wait and see.
Believe me.
It's not far to never-never land, no reason to pretend
And if the wind is right you can find the joy of innocence again
Oh, the canvas can do miracles, just you wait and see.
Believe me.
Sailing takes me away to where I've always heard it could be
Just a dream and the wind to carry me
And soon I will be free
Fantasy, it gets the best of me
When I'm sailing
All caught up in the reverie, every word is a symphony
Won't you believe me?
Sailing takes me away to where I've always heard it could be
Just a dream and the wind to carry me
And soon I will be free   ― 'Sailing'  sung by Christopher Cross, words & lyrics by Carter Burwell 
♩ ♪ ♫ ♬

You must have guessed by now that I love the sea in all her many moods 

Green returning

Pastel sky

Stormy weather

Rain on the way

Sunset 

Blue skies, nothing but blue skies...


13 comments:

  1. Beautiful photographs and I've always loved that song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. Are they closing your beaches yet? smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. this ain't Florida.. No one goes to the beach except locals until the water goes above 30 degrees .. Its freezing cold!! That doesn't happen until after Memorial Day. And no one.. NO ONE.. will keep us off our beaches here :)

      Delete
  3. Great visiting with you today, loving all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful skies..."sailing...." I love that song. What a wonderful thought...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh. Your photographs show the passion you have for the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Favorite song...favorite places...so peaceful and lovely !
    Used to sail when very young...There is , indeed , a peace and serenity on a sailboat .
    The sounds of waves gently lapping against the hull , wind in the sails and calls of sea birds , and scent of clean , salty sea air...aaahhhh...
    Thank you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty pictures! I like the return of the green!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.