Saturday, April 4, 2020

Could've,Should've, Would've





 
Where did the week go? It went by so fast but then I was so busy I just didn't notice.
It's rainy out as I write this and the Peepers are chirping in the ponds and in the streams in the neighborhood. There are thousands of the tiny cuties.
The title is based on Tiffany's song and my irritation that people write "could of.. should of and would of " nowadays.  Stop it. Stop it now.

And onward with Saturday 9!

                               " Could've Been"

"Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
 Saturday 9: Could've Been (1987)"

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This wistful song is about a love affair that ended. What song reminds you of a long-ago love?
Smoke Gets in Your Eyes by the Platters.

Count Basie Theater
2) It was written by Lois Blaisch, a singer-songwriter who performs at clubs around Los Angeles and has sung outdoors at Disneyland. Would you prefer to attend a concert indoors, or outside under the stars?
I don't like indoor concerts as I find them too loud but outdoors the sound gets lost as well. But I've gone nonetheless.
Not big on concerts really. I like symphony orchestras or opera.. don't mind a Broadway play but, I've never really been impressed with rock/country concerts except for  when Mickey Gilley performed here in a small place in my town. It was a very small, intimate place and he was wonderful. Mickey and his cousins, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl McVoy, Jim Gilley and Jimmy Swaggart are all very talented..
  I saw Ariana Grande with the Famous Anonymous at the Count Basie Theater in Red Bank NJ.. she was very talented and  I saw the Trans Siberian Orchestra in Atlantic City. They were good as well, but loud so I stuffed my ears with tissue.

3) This week's featured artist, Tiffany, appeared on the TV talent show Star Search when she was just 14. She came in second. Though she was disappointed, she admits she learned from it. She studied the singer who won and says it made her a better performer. Can you recall a time when you weathered a tough time and came through stronger?

I can remember many times but I would rather not recount them.

4) Early in her career, she toured Alaska, opening for country legend George Jones. Have you ever visited our 50th state?
No, have not been to Alaska but I bet it would be nice to visit.

5) Tiffany provided the voice of Judy Jetson in 1990's Jetsons: The Movie. Which cartoon
did you enjoy more: the space-age Jetsons or the prehistoric Flintstones?

Toss up.. I think they were both kind of fun.

6) In 2007, she appeared on VH1's Celebrity Fit Club and lost 28 lbs. Are you making an effort to stay fit during this stay-at-home period?

Yup. 

7) In 1987, when this song was popular, Aretha Franklin became the first woman inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. What's your favorite Aretha song?

I am not an Aretha Franklin fan. and the songs I know that were popular I don't particularly like.

8) Also in 1987, third-generation race car driver Marco Andretti was born. Are you a race fan?
No, but I do like the movie about racing with Jim Garner called Grand Prix. You must know by now that I love old movies.  I;'ve never been to car races and who knows, I might like it if I tried it.

9) Random question: Do you find it easy to sit still, or are you fidgety?

  I don't have a real problem sitting still as long as I am comfortable.


5 comments:

  1. I saw the Trans Siberian orchestra at the Nassau Coliseum. Great show, but you’re right, they are very loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your answers, Annie. Have a great day, friend. s miles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being comfortable is the trick, isn't it? Of course, even if I am comfortable after a while everything starts to get stiff and uncomfortable and I fidget anyway.
    I love to see amazing concerts in outdoor venues. My dream would be to see the Boston Pops July 4th concert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember Tiffany. Looking back now I wonder how a teenager could have that much motivation to work on a career and travel like that. It is very hard and competitive work. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah yes, staying comfortable is what makes me get up and down. Love your siggie! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.