Sunday, April 5, 2020

Grateful.


April is changeable. with warm temperatures one day, cold the next, rain ,wind, and snow  quite often. But it is a pretty month and a pretty name for a girl. I remember singing the song "April Showers" around age 7 when I first heard it. I've sung it ever since. I like the old tunes so much. Here is Judy Garland singing it so beautifully:

Now, down to business with Sunday Stealing. Who knew that the first day of the week would turn into a thieves holiday??
"Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!"

Stolen from Gratitude Journal on Pinterest

1. Name a highlight of your day.
A cup of hot Postum with powdered  non dairy creamer, cinnamon and nutmeg while painting.
Playing my piano.

2. What made you smile today?
A cute Raccoon photo.

3. What made you laugh today?
So far I have not laughed today.

4. Recall a time when you needed encouragement.
When my daughter died. There wasn't much from anyone really except one couple.
5. What is a luxury you are thankful for?
Having a house to live in. Many in the world don't. Living by the seaside. It is a pure luxury I am very thankful for.

6. Favorite childhood memory
Going behind the house to pick watercress in the creek and playing in the field of BlackEyed Susan flowers.

7. Favorite song–and why?  So many....
I will say Theme from a Summer Place because I live in a summer place.

8. Where is your favorite place?  Why?
My favorite places more to the point. 
 I love Lover's Lane on Prince Edward Island very much and could spend hours there.
I love Prince Edward Island and could live there very happily.
I love right where I live. It is always changing and always lovely and I like lovely things.

9. What is your favorite scent.
 I have a lot of perfumes that I love. Paris is one of them, Into the Stars is another. Shalimar also.  But my all time favorite scents are the mixture I smell here.. Balsam and Cedar trees. It's heavenly.

10. What is your favorite topic to talk about? 
World Events , Anthropology, Religion and thankfully my kids love it as well.

11. What do you like doing so much that you lose track of time?
Painting and playing piano , learning.


12. If you had 5 minutes and the whole world was forced to listen, what would you say?
 Wake Up!  Get your heads out of the sand and stop being afraid to face the facts. 

13. Whose life do you envy the most, and why?
No one. Everyone has something you would not want to live with. Best to stick with your own joys and sorrows.

14. What would you do  differently  with your education if you got a chance to start over?
I would go for a PhD in Forensic Anthropology.

15. What would you do with your life if you had no fear?

 I suppose I would be more aggressive than I have the courage to be. in certain areas.
 
 
Remember that Tuesday 4 goes up late Sunday night if you care to join in and I hope that you do.

11 comments:

  1. Hi Annie, I think you would make a great professor! I am sorry you lost a child. Have you ever written about it? Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't written about it and it's not something I would write about.

      Delete
  2. I would love to able to play a piano.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of anyone drinking Postum since my great aunt and her husband passed many years ago. It was a staple for them.
    Oh, to live by the sea would be the greatest of luxuries!
    Have a blessed and peaceful Palm Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to live by the sea as well...and or get back to simpler living. smiles

    Have a great day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home sounds divine. The smell of the trees and the ocean must be ... amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your answers today.
    Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you live by the sea! I am so glad you can do that. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!!

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. "By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea...you and me, you and me, oh how happy we'll be..." Not sure where that song came from, but your answers made me think of it. I am very sorry that there really wasn't anyone there for you when you lost your precious daughter. Having lost a dear son, I understand those feelings of people not really understanding what you are going through. People mean well, but unless they have experienced such loss and grief, it is difficult for them to totally understand and sometimes they stay away because they just don't know what to say. People don't realize that sometimes just being there, or just a hug can mean so much. No one ever has all the right answers because there really aren't any. One thing I've learned is that my strength comes from the Lord, and He is the One Who knows all my sorrows and also knows how to comfort me. I rely on Him because He will never fail. Sorry to go off on this subject, but it touched my heart, and I want you to know that I feel your sorrow, even after so many years...and I pray that God will give you the peace and comfort that only He can give. On other notes...you have been such a blessing to many with your artistry and so many other talents. Thank you for sharing them with us. God bless you today with a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is peace and joy in learning to find beauty in the little things around us . You bring us such joy , my friend ! There is always something lovely to see here - your paintings and
    photos - and something to ponder and learn . What a blessing !!!
    You are wrapped in the prayers and best wishes of all those who have come to know you through this blog...Bless you !!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.