Sunday, May 31, 2020

Conversation Starters

Five comets are coming into our area today and for thousands of years they have brought with them epidemics, wars, crisis, earthquakes, volcanic eruption and earth changes of huge proportions.
No, it isn't superstition, its real. And we've been experiencing problems for a while now from these super comets headed our way and reaching perihelion today.
We are also undergoing a Grand Solar Minimum which can bring on earthquakes, volcanic activity and ice ages.  Things are changing folks, so hang onto your hats.
The Yellowstone Caldera, a super volcano, is rocking and rolling this week and we have super cells extending up over 80,000 feet..which is unprecedented in our times. Yellowstone has a 35° slant to it.. very odd and ominous. We do not want that going off. But worldwide many volcanoes are acting up the last few years. Yesterday was a 7.7 earthquake near Cuba felt all the way to Miami.
Weather and earth magnetism also effect human behavior. Think of it this way, you can feel the weather in your bones as they say. Why? A Drop in  barometric pressure can being headaches, bone
ache, sickness and mental changes.  Grand solar minimums are known to bring about depression and mental instability.
Are we going through a pole shift? It seems like it as a mysterious anomaly is hovering over us and weakening our magnetic fields.  Magnetic north has moved over 750  miles in the past 6years compared with o nly 450 in the last 90 years.   It's moving toward Siberia and at the same time the
in just 5 weeks time...
earth itself is tilting on its axis. We notice it in sun angles in rising and setting. I've noticed the sun setting in a different location for the last few years.   Indians in Alaska have used the sun and stars for orientation and can no longer do it, due to the change in the earths location.
So folks, we are in for some really hairy stuff .
Pole reversal is known for extinction events.

And now, with the USA on fire and burning to the ground  and comets headed our way, lets take time for a little fun and diversion.  We need it!
Let's try Sunday Stealing. with Bev Sykes.

 "Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!"

Stolen from Two Drifters

1. What do you think is the greatest television show of all time?
That's a hard question! But honestly, after looking at Rolling Stone's list of the top 100 TV shows of all time, I think most of them are less than mediocre at best. TV had never really hit the nail on the head with good programming. There are programs I have enjoyed but, great? No, none of them.

2. Would you rather win a Nobel Prize or an Academy Award?
A Nobel prize since its a million dollars and the Academy Award is just  a statue.

3. What one food would you banish from this earth if you could?
Cultural foods that use  dogs,cats, etc. Ugh.

4. What’s the scariest story you’ve ever heard?
I really don't like horror movies and so I don't watch the stuff.  I think I found Jurassic Park a bit scary back in the day.

5. Who is the most famous person you have ever met?
 Quite a few actually, people you'd know of very well. We knew them from horse shows .
My former hubby sat on the Duke of Windsors lap as a little boy. We have home video of that day. It was at the Breakers in Palm Beach. The Windsors were good friends of his grandparents.

6. What’s something you’ve done that most people wouldn’t know or guess about you?
Probably a ton of things as I am pretty private about my personal life and when I do mention something people are generally surprised and I am left wondering why.
 I think people might be surprised  that I danced, that I did barrel racing, and have a strong medical background as well as quite a bit of knowledge of anthropology/archaeology and  have a few awards for running.

7. You’re strapped in a rocket ship about to go to the moon. Are you thrilled? Or terrified?
Neither because it isn't possible to go to the moon with rockets. Werner Von Braun said so.
And no, the space station is not the moon, they are in low earth orbit, not space.

8. What is the correct way for toilet paper to sit on the roll?
According to my first husband, who passed on, the paper should fall over the front of the roll. So his advice was usually good so that's how I do it.

9. Talk about a mistake you made, or something you regret.
I wrote a caricature  piece that hurt someone's feelings. They were very wrong in their impression , but still, if you hurt someone, you do and that's that.

10. What would be the best gift I could give you?
My spine back in one piece.

11. What makes you feel better when you’re sad or stressed?
Things don't last .

12. What is the most romantic movie you’ve ever seen?
You've Got Mail / While you Were Sleeping. It's a tie.

13. What is the worst date you’ve ever been on?
With a guy from Harvard who was just so snooty and thought way too much of himself.

14. What is the glue that keeps couples together?
Fear of alimony.

15.  What was your first crush.
 A boy named Michael I think.

16. When did your parents talk to you about the birds and the bees?
They never did.   I learned from other kids but the day before I got married my grandmother talked to me a bit. It was so sweet and kind of her.

17. What is your greatest achievement?
My family.

18. Were you close to your parents growing up?
No.

19. What was the most life-changing event you’ve ever experienced?
Spinal surgery.

20. Have you ever had a falling out with a friend? What happened?
I had 2 friends blame me for something I did not do.  They made my life miserable for 2 years.
They wanted to come back into my life, I said no. 

8 comments:

  1. #10 and #19, I agree. Same thing.

    http://lolasdiner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed all of your answers.
    I agree with your #20.
    Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carpe diem - I am drifting more towards that frame of mind as see the world heading slowly an inexorably to disaster.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. You really know how to "make an entrance." lol
    Now I'm curious who you met at horse shows. Many celebrities used to come around here for the Rolling Rock Races, some may still come for the yearly polo match.
    You've mentioned the barrel racing before and I have to admit, that's the one thing I can't put together with the image I've imagined of you.
    #14...Ha!
    Enjoy your day, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful list. Love your saying no to the friend's return... smart you.
    LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Annie, I enjoyed all the things you wrote about in your intro. I also read about the solar minimum. With the things happening in nature and in our society and world, I feel we are nearing the end times. The hardest thing I had to do as a teen was reconcile science with faith. But faith prevailed. I started to do the meme, but I had another project that was more important and I worked on that. I always like medical stuff too. I took a lot of bio classes in college, but math scared me away. Wish I would have stayed with it. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very interesting answers Annie. I wish I could give you back your spine :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.