Monday, June 1, 2020

Literary Pearls

Jane Austen

 “Her pleasure in the walk must arise from the exercise and the day, from the view of the last smiles of
the year upon the tawny leaves and withered hedges, and from repeating to herself some few of the thousand poetical descriptions extant of autumn--that season of peculiar and inexhaustible influence on the mind of taste and tenderness--that season which has drawn from every poet worthy of being read some attempt at description, or some lines of feeling.” ― Jane Austen, Persuasion


                                ; Annie

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Ann...as for your comment on my blog...Ann, I simply don't care what others have to think or say. I speak the truth, I do my homework and post accordingly to it. Yes, I know I go overboard with it, but I simply don't care. I see others post about not wanting to see this or that anymore and preach more love etc...sorry folks, but the truth of the matter is one can not stick ones head in the sand. At some point one has to come up for air. All these folks who say they agree or hit like, they are just plain afraid to say anything. I find that very wrong...jmo. But then again, you know I am the kind of person who will speak it irregardless. Then again, my dad always said I had "Moxie" and didn't know better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quote. Thinking of autumn is a lovely thought now that we are in the heat of summer here...been in the 90's all weekend and very humid. So Autumn sounds delightful. Have a blessed and beautiful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is , in each season , a particular beauty all its own . It must be savored and fully experienced as the great blessing it is...never to be rushed through in search for something "better" .
    Be safe and well , my friend...many thanks for all the joy you bring us !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.