Friday, May 8, 2020

Saturday 9 Loving Mama


Happy weekend.  I hope everyone is doing well .
Another Saturday 9...
..
 I'll Always Love My Mama
from Sam:  "Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!"

Saturday 9: I'll Always Love My Mama (1973)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This week's featured artists, The Intruders, sing that they don't know how their mama made it through the week without ever getting a good night's sleep. How did you sleep last night?

I usually sleep very well. Last night was no exception.
"It is vain for you to rise early: ye rise up after resting, ye that eat the bread of grief; while he gives sleep to his beloved."
―Psalm 127:2


2) The Intruders performed this song on Soul Train, a syndicated show that ran for more than 3 decades. What show do you try never to miss?
Right now, Legacies on Netflix. 

3) On Soul Train, the Intruders wore solid black shirts beneath their brightly colored jackets. Black, white, khaki, navy and gray are considered neutral colors, because they go with everything. If we were to check your closet, which would we find you wear most often: black, white, khaki, navy or gray?

I have some black and navy.

4) Especially for Mother's Day: Access Hollywood named Carol Brady of The Brady Bunch TV's #1 mom. Who is your favorite TV mom?

I like Carol Brady as well. Most others had little to no real part in their children's lives on the show. Carol was a hand's on mother.
I always watched this show.  Carol and hubby always had time for the kids, listened, kept a sense of humor and taught the kids with patience and kindness.  It seems that Carol Brady was one of the few mothers on TV Shows that had an actual part to play as a mom. On other shows the mothers were absent, or served only as background for the kids. 

5) Mother Winters always gave Sam peppermint tea to calm her stomach. Do you have any tried-and-true home remedies to share.
1 Proven to work in labs:duct tape will cure warts.Takes a few days but, does work.
2 boil potatoes in water til done, remove potatoes. add a couple Tbsp of baking soda to the  boiling water, breath in.. will help clogged lungs from bronchitis etc.
3 onion juice will remove scars.
4 boiled grapefruit skins, drink as a tea and take zinc.. its quinine. Cures colds, flu.

6) Sam's mother always tips 15% in restaurants. Sam has worked in food service and is more judgmental, tipping between 10% and 25%, depending on the quality of the service. What's your tipping policy? Are you more like Sam or her mother? How do you handle tips for carry out or delivery during this Covid-19 crisis?

15% is fair. I really can't afford much more.
 I do not order out for food nor do I really ever eat out. If I go out to eat a couple times a year, that's a lot. I never eat fast food or take out food either I just don't have the money and I think restaurant food isn't good for you as well, too much sodium and garbage in it.

7) When the tip of her shoelace becomes frayed, Sam's mother snips off the end and then paints the tip with clear nail polish. Good as new! Sam thinks that's crazy because you can just buy new laces for less than $2. Are you more frugal like mother or spendthrift like daughter?

I think being frugal is best. Waste not, want not is a true saying.
So is the saying 
"Eat it up, wear it out, make it do or do without."  We tend to be living in a time when people are a bit too big on buying and replacing easily.

8) Mother Winters loves how french vanilla smells and burns her Yankee Candles all year around. Do you use scented candles or air fresheners?
I use candles and Glade and , I like Yankee Candles as they really have a scent to them. I also use Glade and Air Wick scented plug ins through out the house.
Blue Jeans is one of my favorite Yankee Candle scents along with their Balsam Fir in winter.

9) Sam is celebrating Mother's Day with her mother's favorite, Hershey Bars. Would you prefer classic milk chocolate, dark chocolate or chocolate with almonds?

I will pass on the chocolate but thanks for the offer.


7 comments:

  1. Carol Brady was a good TV mom. I never missed the Brady Bunch and honestly, I will still watch it if it's on. Sometimes I miss good, clean television shows. I'm with you on the tipping. 15% is a fair tip. I really resent places that tell me what to tip. I have a base tip and give more or less based on service. Why should I pay 25% if the service was horrible?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that this pandemic has shown people what is really important, and it's not "stuff." Consumers need to demand products that are good quality so that companies stop this method of making things that will only last two years and which then must be replaced. If my grandma's refrigerator lasted her 50 years, then mine should too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahawaaaaaaaa on your Be Good; you talking to me? (grin and laughter)

    I hope you have a lovely Mother's Day weekend, Ann. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do not have the money to eat out very often either. I love candles. I will have to look up the Blue Jeans candle you mentioned. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had peggd you for light and airy colors... great answers!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.