Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Family.. Tuesday 4

Hi. Hope you are all safe and healthy.
Here is Tuesday 4. I hope you will join in.
 


  1.What family member do you most resemble in looks or personality and/or which one resembles you most? 
The Little is my clone. We look so much alike its uncanny.
I see myself in  the famous anonymous and the little  personality wise too.

2.What jobs did your father and/or mother have when you were growing up?
My father was vice president and chief chemist of a large chemical company. My mother was a registered nurse.
Later in life they bought and owned a little store.

3. Did your parents make a big deal over holidays and if so, how did they do it?
In their own way. Back then I think things were done more simply than today.
Everyone came to our house for Thanksgiving and on New Years Eve everyone stopped by to have canapes and snacks, etc before going out. There was a constant flow of people in and out.
My mother and grandmother were great cooks and we never lacked for dinner company.

4.  What do you like most about your family or in laws/ or what do you not like? 
My mother in law was a wonderful person. I was pregnant the same time she had her last pregnancy. My sister in law was the same age as my first son.
Here is a very short piece about her. 
I have 8 brothers and sisters in law and something like 118 nephews and nieces., both regular and great.  I love them all.

Annie

8 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your answers today.
    Have a great Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought my husband's family was big, but wow! Your in-law's are a ginormous bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy your posts, Annie. Thank you and OY! the size of your in-laws family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another interesting post - thank you !
    I am missing all those dear ones now departed...family and friends who left behind a precious legacy of love and good advice...wouldn't have been the same without them !
    Also grateful for wonderful friends still "on the right side of the grass " , who are a delight and so kind...be safe and well...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a blessing to have such a big family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness you wre blessed with a wonderful family. Gret cooks must have been in great supply back in the day. So glad aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your parents were successful and good role models. Well I must admit that is very different about the pregnancies! You definitely have a very large family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is nice to learn more about you, Annie! My best freinds from childhood both came from large families of 10 and 9 children. I wondered why my parents only had 4?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.