Friday, July 17, 2020

Flipper


S aturday is the day for answering 9 questions. So, here I am to do just that. Weather here is gorgeous lately. 

Now, on with the show 
Flipper TV program
  Saturday 9: Flipper (1964)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) Flipper ran for three seasons, from 1964 to 1967. Are you familiar with the show? Were you a fan?
No. I've seen it on YouTube but not really interested in watching.
2) Brothers Sandy and Bud consider a bottle-nosed dolphin, named Flipper, their pet. Do you currently share your home with any animals?
I share my property with  a ton of fish but no animals inside my home any more.


3) Bud and Sandy's dad was Chief Warden Porter Ricks of the fictional Coral Key Marine Preserve. In reality, the show was filmed in Miami and Key Biscayne. When were you last in the ocean? Which ocean was it?
It is the Atlantic Ocean and I am in it frequently to one extent or another.

4) There was no one single "Flipper." In close-ups, the role was played by a dolphin named Susie. While Susie was good at interacting with people, she had trouble with stunts, and sometimes a male dolphin named Clown was brought in for action sequences. Do you consider yourself more social, like Susie? Or are you more athletic, like Clown?
I am both. While not as athletic as I once was, I was always social and athletic.

5) Without looking it up, do you know the difference between a dolphin and a porpoise?
Yes, I do and Dolphins are far cuter! 
6) Flipper wasn't just a TV pet. He was an industry! During the show's run, Flipper comic books, coloring books and puzzles were very popular. As an adult, do you entertain yourself by reading comics, coloring, or completing jigsaw puzzles?
Yup. I make puzzles online.. casse tete . I love to color and paint!  I like Archie Comics and always have.

7) The Flipper lunchbox was also a big seller. It came with a Thermos topped with a red cup. Do you own a Thermos?
Yes, one for soup and one for coffee/tea etc.

8) In 1964, when Flipper premiered, it was up against The Outer Limits and The Jackie
Gleason Show. If those were your only viewing choices, would you watch the family show about the dolphin, the sci-fi anthology show, or the comedy-variety show? (Or would you rather flip through a magazine?)
I think I would watch the Jackie Gleason Show.

9) Random question  -- Which would you be more comfortable explaining: how a car engine works, the current IRS tax brackets, or the rules of baseball?
 I suppose the rules of baseball.


Don't forget that Tuesday 4 Meme is coming up and if you have never joined us, why not try it this week. I promise it won't hurt at all.

8 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your answers, Ann...so lucky you live by the ocean, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your answers today.
    Have a good Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have been shocked if you’d said you had not been in the ocean

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been in the ocean in a very long time. Got my feet wet last year but that was it. Sand and beaches are difficult to maneuver in and my husband was having his ankle issue so we mostly stayed at the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think dolphins are super cute too. I fell in love with them in Alabama. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed my visit. And yes, dolphins are full of personality!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing the link for online puzzles, I'm always looking. I go to jigzone.com everyday and work their daily puzzle. Enjoyed reading your answers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do remember that show...always intrigued by dolphins...so intelligent !
    A "bucket list" entry was to visit one of those places where one could interact with them .
    The ocean is also my happy place !
    Have a splendid day , my friend !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.