Monday, September 14, 2020

Tuesday 4

Hi! Time for Tuesday 4 which I host in memory of Toni Taddeo.
  1.Fall is usually the time that new series appear on TV. If you could make a show that you would really enjoy what kind and what subject would you like to see.
I really enjoy British TV series a lot. I would love to see more programs like that on American TV.. like Midsomer Murders. I truly enjoyed an Australian show about a private investigator from the 1920s called Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries. It was wonderful and I would love to see one like that here as well.
2.You have a rare opportunity this fall: you can step into a movie, TV program or book and live out a week there, which would it be and why?
I would like to step into Miss Marple or Hercule Poirot's world for a while. I like the times.. the 1920s and I love the characters. As long as I could be friends with either of them, it would suit me just fine.

3.Are you decorating outside for autumn? What are you doing? Is it HGTV worthy?
I have put up a Welcome sign along side my door that has an autumn theme. I would will also buy some large pots of Chrysanthemums to put on the porch and walkway. Chrysanthemums are my birthday flower and I adore the Football Mums that schools used to sell in the autumn.  Football mums have huge blossoms and are very full. I love the autumn colors of mums.. oranges, reds, purple-reds, yellows. They are just so vibrant. I will also put out a  fall pumpkin. I do like to decorate a bit for the seasons.  In winter I like to plant new evergreens.Is it HGTV worthy? Well, I doubt it but I'll do my best to make it attractive.
Note: why has HGTV turned into the real estate channel?? Where are the old decor programs that were so good? I used to love Susie Coelho's garden design and Design on a Dime..etc.
4. What's on TV this week you really are going to enjoy? I am watching things on YouTube usually. This week I am watching Rob Skiba's talks on the Nephilim,DNA and Genetics. He has some interesting takes that I think might be exactly on target. While his views on religion are not mine, his genetic ideas are.
I mostly watch programs on genetics, anthropology and archaeology.
See you tomorrow...and hey.. it still is summer until the 22nd!

11 comments:

  1. I totally agree on HGTV and even mentioned this out loud to hubby the other evening. I really enjoy the House Hunters International, where has that gone? UGH.

    ANYWAYS, I hope you have a beautiful day, friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your answers today, especially #2.
    Have a great Tuesday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO much to say... first of all from Tuesday 4 to get to your main blog didnt work. you may wish to check on that. THen I am interested in nephelim as well. I understand they existed at the time of NOAh and since the BIble says the times at the end will be as in the days of Noah, marked by great violence, corruption and sin,, there are those also who say the nephelim will return.. any thoughts on that? Also, I used to a bit of oil painting and really enjoyedit but my sunroom was a mess with it for months at a time. so I put it all away. Now I am getting into water colors.. what medium do youuse for your beautiful headers and other art work? Anyway. it is always a delight to visit here... so much to enjoy! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I will do a post on the nephilim. I paint in acrylics and I was learning water color.
      Many of my headers are copies of my work done dot by dot in Photoshop, which is far more challenging than using my paintbrushes! And because they are done in miniature, require hours and hours of work As for working in Acrylics or oils etc. unless you are selling your work, the house can get cluttered up fast. I stopped selling my work a long while ago but I did okay when I did sell it .

      Delete
    2. And thanks for the heads up I have repaired the link. That's another new problem on Blogger.. links and hyperlinks disappear or are broken in html. grrr.

      Delete
  4. My husband enjoys the British shows too. They are not my favorite, but I probably haven't really given them a good chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy Call the Midwife. I'm still a fan of Primetime TV. I don't know if I will ever break away from the Fall schedules. However we might give up our premium channels like HBO and Showtime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read an Agatha Christie book over the summer because I was thinking about Toni. I read The Murder of Roger Ackroyd, it has Poirot. It was brilliant! Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a fan of those British mysteries , including "Rosemary and Thyme" .
    They are so well written and seem to keep those mental synapses firing...delightful suspense!
    Have a splendid day !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.