Friday, September 11, 2020

Saturday 9 and Layers

Here is what I add to Blogger CSS to create layers:(this is for Susan)
You can adjust color, shadow(or remove the shadow) and the size of the borders.
Save your template before changing anything and see how it looks in preview first of course.
Now you can add background: url (  if you want to use a specific background picture too.
And now for Saturday 9..

Saturday 9: So Emotional (1987)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


 1) Whitney sings that she keeps her lover's photo beside her bed. What's on your bedside table?
lamps

2) She's getting frustrated, waiting for the phone to ring. If your phone were to ring right now, who would you expect to be on the other end?

probably the middle school which is trying desperately to get their  act together for classes and home classes. Its ridiculous.  The kids should just declare a riot  so they can learn in peace all in one place!

3) The video was filmed at Stabler Arena in Bethlehem, PA. It seats 6,200. As the nation reopens from Covid19, would you feel comfortable sitting knee-to-knee with a stranger in an arena like this?
Sure, why  not?

4) This week's featured artist, Whitney Houston, appeared on the daytime drama As The World Turns. She played herself, performing with Jermaine Jackson at the Miss Cinderella contest in the fictional town of Oakdale. Have you ever been hooked on a soap opera?
I watched one or two for a bit long ago.

5) Whitney had a sweet tooth, and her favorite breakfast cereal was Fruity Pebbles. Do you often eat cereal for lunch or dinner?
Never eat cereal because the boxes are sprayed with insecticide to prevent weevils, etc. It is dangerous.

6) At Whitney's wedding to Bobby Brown, her bridesmaids all wore lavender dresses and the groomsmen had custom made alligator shoes. Have you ever "stood up" for a friend or relative? If so, do you remember what you wore?
Yes I was a bridesmaid. It was around Christmas and we wore dark green velvet gowns.

 7) In 1987, the year this song was popular, Cher won the Oscar for Moonstruck. Her most famous line was, "Snap out of it!" When you think of Cher, do you first think of her movies, her TV show, or her music?
I think of Moonstruck.

8) Michael Douglas won the Oscar that year for Wall Street. His most famous line was, "Greed is good." His character goes on to say that, "Greed in all its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, for knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of all mankind." Do you agree?
No. Greed for anything is wrong. Moderation is what is needed in life, not lust for more, more, more.

9) Random question: When you woke up this morning, were you ready to get out of bed? Or do you wish you could have snoozed for a bit longer?
I almost always wake up when I am finished sleeping. I rarely wake up before I am done sleeping.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the information on the back grounds. I have been busy getting the craft ready for my Life group get away on Sunday. I am taking a break and did not do Saturday 9. I did a post on 911 and mentioned you in it. I had a class in college and they shared that we eat quite a few bugs when we eat canned tomatoes and other things because not all bugs can get cleaned out. But this was back in 1976 so hopefully things have gotten better. If not, we are getting extra protein!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted a dark green velvet gown. I'll bet you were so beautiful in it. Do you have pictures? I don't have any place to wear one now, but I used to wish that I had one just because I thought it would be so pretty with my red hair, when it was really red and not this faded mousy reddish brown turning gray that it is now. LOL. I agree with you regarding "Greed". Greed is what has gotten our country into the mess it is in today. Greed for power mostly. I enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreeing to be a bridesmaid can be a step into murky waters ! Some of those dresses were awful !
    Your dark green velvet one sounds elegant and lovely .
    "Moonstruck" is a classic movie - much quoted - that doesn't suffer from repeated viewings .
    as always , interesting questions and answers...thank you !
    Have a wonderful , cool day

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the majority of northern schools are just having a time of it. Here, it is separated by Group A (Mon and Fri.) and Group B (Tues and Thur.). Schools shut down Wed for deep cleaning. It's horrible and parents are already complaining (and its only 2 days in). The lady who cuts my hair is not happy about it, one daughter goes one day and the other the day and lets not even discuss the mask mandate and the plexi glass at the desks. Kids are prisoners...ok, I'm done. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The deep cleaning will be a nightmare.. why? Because kids need to be exposed to germs/virus to build immunity. What is being set up for children and adults is a weakened immune system. Sweden did not lock down or wear masks.. they are a success and of course, those of us who have actually worked with virus know that this is a farce. A total ugly face and that money was made hand over fist by big wigs over this and still is! Death causes were lied about in many cases. I could go on but many in the medical profession have a lot to be ashamed of now, especially those in administrative positions. Mask wearing for kids will bring on lung infections and for kids with asthma or undiagnosed heart problems this will be horrendous. When in the hospital recently my ox level was monitored. With mask.. down to 91.. without.. 99%. It is unheahlty. So why do hospitals insist on them? LIABILITY AND LAW SUIT FEARS FROM THE UNEDUCATED PUBLIC!!!

      Delete
  5. The bridesmaid dresses in my wedding wore dark green as well. I love that color. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.