Sunday, September 27, 2020

Sunday Stealing


Sunday Stealing...

1. Something someone told you about yourself that you never forgot     

I've been told so many times how young I look for my age. It was embarrassing when I was in my 20s.  My father told me I'd need to marry an older man to be understood.  But I am not sure this is what the question is asking for.
2. What are your 3 top pet peeves

  •    ignorance
  •    lack of empathy
  •    people who are blind to the needs of others.

3. List five places you want to visit

  •  Montana
  • The Dakotas
  • Camden, Maine

4. Share something you struggle with

  • Pain

5. Post words of wisdom that speak to you.

“Great minds have purpose, others have wishes. Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortunes; but great minds rise above them.”
Washington Irving


6. Something you always think “what if....?” about :What if I had gone to a different university.
7. Five blessings in your life.

  •  People
  • dogs and cats I have loved
  • music
  • belief in God
  • nature and the great outdoors

8. Something that you miss.

  •     walking, running.

9. Post about your zodiac sign and whether or not it fits you.
It  fits me pretty well.....

 
10. Think of a word. Search for it on Google images.  Write something inspired by the 11th image."Autumn is beautiful dressed in her oranges and yellows."

11. Write about an area of your life that you’d like to improve.  My house needs repairs.
12. What made you laugh out loud today.  Nothing today.
13. What are your goals for the next 30 days. I have not set any goals just yet.
14. Your highs and lows for the month. No highs so far just a few lows.
15. Favorite movies that you never get tired of watching.   Mostly the old classics like From the Terrace, Cat on  a Hot Tin Roof, The Young Philadelphians, A Summer Place, Return to Peyton Place, Zorro the Gay Blade,Adam's Rib(Hepburn&Tracey),The Desk Set(hepburn/tracey), The Woman in the Window(Edward G Robinson),Scarlett Street (E. Robinson).  I like film noir from the 40's and 50's.
16. Books you have read more than once. 44 Charles Street, One Firth Avenue, Summer and the City.
17. Something about which you feel strongly:  Anthropology
18. Five things that make you really happy: peace, quiet, calm, scents of nature,cupcakes.
19. What are you excited about?   I suppose the coming holidays
20. Three celebrity crushes:   I have never had crushes on celebrities.

Tuesday 4 goes up tonight.



 

9 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your answers, Annie. I hope you have a beautiful day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree about pets. I love cats and dogs.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your answers today.
    Sorry about your struggling with pain.
    Have a good Sunday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you ever been to Camden? It's a lovely town. :) I live at the other end of the state.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where are you getting these siggies? They are so cute!
    Josh loves film noir too...that is his favorite genre. Loved your answers! Have a great day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pain is a kicker, isn't it? I have problems with that as well - and it's not visible so people can't really see how bad it is. I am sorry you suffer with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Worst excuse I've ever heard for it is that "Pain is a reminder that you are alive".
    The very worst! Hope you get to see all the places you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the quote in #5 by Washington Irving. Very profound and true. Interesting movie choices. I love some of the old Katherine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy movies, but also others by Katheryn Hepburn, especially as a young woman. I love Old Cary Grant movies too. He makes me laugh. Nothing wrong with looking younger than you are. Love to keep them guessing. I used to brag on my mother because she looked so young, so I'd ask people to guess how old she was, and they'd always say something about 20 years younger, and so then I'd tell them how old she really was. Oh! She was mad at me!! I learned my lesson about that. I was just so proud of how good she looked for her age...but she didn't see it that way! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Annie,

    Another fellow Sagittarius! :) I'm looking forward to the upcoming holidays, too. Music and God are definitely some of my blessings. That's an awesome words of wisdom quote! We've been to Camden, Maine. It's a lovely area. We're looking forward to returning to Maine next year. Our youngest daughter lives north west of Portland now. Have a good day!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.