z Cottage by the Sea : Autumn Leaves/Recipe

Monday, October 5, 2020

Autumn Leaves/Recipe

 

Welcome! This is Tuesday 4 in honor and memory of our friend Toni Taddeo.   Oh, Toni, I miss you so much!

This

week's questions are from ideas given by Susan who owns Susan's Sayings.

Remember to visit Susan who has a great blog!


1.Are you decorating your home for fall?  Thanksgiving?  Show us some photos if you don't mind! 


I decorate a little bit. I have a pumpkin on my dining table and a light up pumplin on a table in my office.
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2.Are trees changing in your area yet?  Do you mind showing a fall photo from your area?



Yes they are slowly turning orange and yellow.


 

3. Do you like to use scents in your home? What kind do you use and what scents do you enjoy in your home.  I really enjoy the scent of Balsam pine, leather scents too.

 

4.Fall's weather usually turns a bit chilly. Sometimes we change how we eat by seasons. Can you share a nice recipe for a good fall meal with us?  

 I like German food in the fall. I love Oktoberfest too.

 1 (32 oz) jar  German Sauerkraut, drained (rinsing is optional) but I rinse the daylights out of it!!)



2 lbs Kielbasa Smoked Sausage , cut in 1 1/2" rounds (if like me you don't eat pork.. make your own!! it's very easy) Brown this and the onion first.
1 large Apple, chopped.. make it a sweet variety of apple
1 med Sweet Onion, diced very small.
1 Tbsp Caraway Seeds or more if you love them as I do.
1 cloves Garlic, minced
1 cup Apple Cider
1 cup Water (Use a good beer instead. Water is too bland!)
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar (or to taste/ I use less but, taste as you go)  I also add a dollop of grainy brown mustard too.   Cook in the crock pot for 4 hours or so.   Boil up potatoes to serve with it.

And here is a lovely Colonial apple pie recipe you might like to try....


Thank you for joining in. I appreciate that you are helping to keep Toni's legacy alive. I try to get around to everyone to comment.

11 comments:

  1. I love kraut and love sausage. I have made a variation of this but never with apples. I am going to have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your recipes sounds so good. We use turkey sausage cause hubby can't eat pork. Thanks for sharing the colonial recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annie: I only decorate for Fall with a
    swag on the front door and a centerpiece on
    my dining room table.
    I can't use scents because of hubby's allergies.
    Our trees are turning in our neighborhood and are pretty.
    I enjoyed your pretty pictures.
    Have a great Tuesday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, your recipe sounds good, Annie. I'm going to copy and paste it into a document to try this fall. We've had some German food and what little we had, we enjoyed it. Knoxville had a German restaurant for years but it finally shut down a few years back. I was so disappointed. They were only open for dinner through the week and weekends they did brunch and dinner. I don't know if it was poor hours or location or both. Thanks for sharing. Have a terrific Tuesday!

    ~Curious as a Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love sausage and kraut and yes, beer is used here too. I hope you have a great day, friend. I miss our chats, I think I have said that before, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the Balsam and other pine scents, too, but don't use them until after Thanksgiving. I like to convince myself I have a live Christmas tree. lol That supper looks good. I live in a heavily Polish/Hungarian/German area so we eat that kind of stuff any old time! We just throw in some pierogies for good measure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that sausage and sauerkraut recipe sounds so good. I will have to try that. I also like sauerkraut with a good pork roast, but I know you don't eat pork. I guess you could do it with a beef roast too, like a "sauerbraten", but I think that's different. Anyway, sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed reading your answers and thanks for the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your little pumpkin!! So cute! Loved your answers! Enjoy the rest of the week!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing post and lovely photos darling!That decoration is everything <3
    Love your blog so much,follow it now!Hope you'll have time to visit mine too!
    xoxo
    beautyqueen000.blogpost.rs

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your lighted pumpkin, it looks so pretty. Changing leaves come slow to this part of the world. There is a small tree across the street that's trying to change. That sure is a pretty picture of fall trees that you shared. Hope you're enjoying a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.