Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Haiku on a Wednesday

Days have been warmer this week. Temperatures in the low 70's which I do not care for at this time of year.  I like things to be seasonable. 

Rainy today... and unseasonably warmer weather.

 


          

                Contrary Willed

Struggling to walk against this windy rain,
My wild umbrella drives me back again.
---Shisei






                         Evening Lantern

 Lighted still, in all this rain,
the lantern lights
my dripping window pane.
                            ---Ann









On Izumo Cliff

Arching above the wild and gloomy sea,
Far out to Sado Isle---The galaxy.
---- Basho






I hope you enjoyed the haiku this week as much as I enjoy posting them.



5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing lovely words that paint pictures...
    a peaceful way to start the day...
    be well , friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I did! I also love your header! I am wondering how you did it? So cute!💖

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I love the new look here, Annie. Rain and unseasonable warm here too, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed the Haiku. Pretty pictures.
    Rainy down our way too with the unseasonable heat but that's 'cause we got that TS Eta heading our way. I'm enjoying the rain, but this oppressive heat can leave now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do enjoy them. I love how you find those interesting little "poems" and share them with us. I remember learning to write them in English class, but never thought much about them until I started seeing them here on your posts. They challenge my old brain again. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.