Friday, November 13, 2020

Saturday 9

Hello friends!

Gorgeous November by the bay


Here is a bit of Saturday 9...

"Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so to speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!"


Saturday 9: All of Me (2013)

1) John Legend sings he loves his woman's "perfect imperfections." Tell us something quirky or imperfect about a loved one that you would not change.
 I just don't notice things like that I guess.
2) John wrote this love song to his wife, Chrissy Teigen. The couple recently lost their baby after pregnancy complications. To whom did you most recently send a sympathy (or "thinking of you") card or message?
 No one lately, thank God.
3) While adventurous in his creative career choices, John admits his taste in food leans toward the tried and true. His favorites are chicken (rotisserie or fried), macaroni and cheese, and steamed vegetables. What's on your weekend menu?
 Meatloaf with steamed veggies and salad.
4) When he was growing up, John's mother, Phyllis, helped support the family as a seamstress. Are you any good with a needle and thread?
I am fair to middling

5) As a child, he was such a big fan of Andy Griffith and Matlock that he wanted to be a lawyer. If you grew up to have the same occupation as the TV character you liked best as a kid, what would you be doing?
 I liked and still enjoy old Perry Mason programs. I watched the old 50-60s ones on YouTube and in the 80's I saw the specials they put out a lot.  I still like watching them.  I would be a criminal defense lawyer.

 
 

6) John is a judge on The Voice. Do you watch that show? Or America's Got Talent, or American Idol?
 I no longer watch broadcast TV or mainstream news media.  Nothing good on anymore and its all available elsewhere anyway without the huge cable bills.
7) In 2013, the year this song was popular, twin baby pandas were born at Zoo Atlanta. Their panda parents had been given to the US as a gift from the Chinese, with the understanding that any offspring would be given to China. So, in 2016, the panda cubs were flown to a Chinese conservation center. They had a hard time adjusting at first, confused by jet lag, unresponsive when spoken to in Chinese, unimpressed by their new diet. Have you ever found yourself similarly overwhelmed when you traveled far from home? (BTW, the pandas are doing just fine now in their permanent Chinese home.)
Poor little babies.  I have never been overwhelmed with travel thank goodness.
 

8) Also in 2013, The Pope posted his first tweet. What social media platforms do you regularly use?
 I use Twitter most often and view mostly political and science tweets.Small talk is not me.

9) Random question: Have you ever a) written something on a public wall or b) carved anything into a tree of bench?
No. I carved on top of a kidney table once. It was identical to the one in this picture. The swing arms had eyelet skirts attached. I wish I hadn't done that. I was in elementary school.

Kidney vanity table.


10 comments:

  1. Annie, I can't imagine you carving into a table. But maybe you were a Tomboy like me when you were young. I forgot to add Twitter, but I don't use it to often. It is way to negative for me. I haven't heard that term fair to middling in a long time. My dad would watch Perry Mason and sometimes I would sneak into the room to hide under the desk to watch too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your answers today.
    Hard to believe you carved into that table.
    Have a good Saturday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's going to be a meatloaf weekend here, too! Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so many folks who rebelled, LOLOL. Indeed, (answering your comment) you, Toni and us would of made great neighbors. I miss her so much, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you get in trouble with the kidney table carving? Meatloaf sounds like a great idea for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot imagine you carving on thatlovely table. but yes, I do remember running my pencil through some carving on my 6th grade desk, but I didnt bare down. I was too timid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful table! I cannot believe you carved into a table like that...LOL!! Enjoy your meatloaf! That sounds good. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I had a little vanity table like that when I was little. My Grandpa made it for me, and it had a skirt on it. We left it in PA when we moved to Florida. I don't remember ever carving my name onto anything, but I've been tempted to write my name on a wall a few times. Oh, I just remembered! We all wrote blessings on the walls of my niece's new "carriage house" garage before they closed it in with insulation and wallboards. It was a family reunion and we all wrote something special on the walls to be sealed up forever. That was really special. Hope you have a nice weekend. And meatloaf sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one of my favorite songs , along with "Lady In Red " ! I suppose most women would want their loved one to feel that way about them...and to have a like reaction to him .
    Oh , YUM , meatloaf !!!!!
    Thank you for a lovely beginning to my day !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.