Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Cooking.. Tuesday 4


 

 Welcome to Tuesday 4 which we keep going in memory of our dear friend Toni Taddeo.

This week how about talking about cooking tips and advice? We probably all have some things to


pass along!

1.  What is the most valuable kitchen utensil you have or one you use often and could not live without?

My wooden utensils.  I don't like all the new rubbery gadgets etc. I think they may be unhealthy.

2. Do you have any fancy gadgets like air fryers, etc in your kitchen? How are they working out for you?

No, I have a blender, an electric fryer and a crock pot. I use them very often.

3. Do you have any step or labor saving ideas that make cooking and meal preparation easier?

The best tip I know is clean as you go. Don't let dishes pile up as you cook. Wash them right away and put things back as you go along. It really does make the job better and easier.

4. What is your favorite recipe of all time? Would you share it with us?

Morrocan Chicken..... Here is the link to my post on my cooking blog
Ingredients


1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 garlic cloves, minced
8 chicken thighs (about 2 pounds), skinned
Cooking spray
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 (14 1/2-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
24 pimiento-stuffed olives, coarsely chopped
8 lemon wedges

Directions
Preheat oven to 325°.

Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well. Add chicken; toss to coat. Arrange chicken in a single layer in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife.

Combine flour, juice, and broth, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Sprinkle flour mixture over chicken, tossing to coat. Top chicken with olives and lemon. Bake at 325° for 1 hour 

 I hope you enjoyed this week's Tuesday 4.. join us every week if you can.

6 comments:

  1. Anne Burrell would be proud of you1 The clean as you go tip is some of the VERY BEST advice a new cook can learn. Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bookmarked the Moroccan Chicken recipe. We will be having that soon because it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I clean as I go too. I cannot stand a dirty kitchen. Loved your answers. Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also clean as I go, easier. the wooden spoons here is a BIG necessity/ hope you have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I have to cook, I clean as I go too. Steve does all our cooking. I clean up. And I'm a wooden spoon gal too. Don't care much for plastics.
    The Morrocan Chicken sounds heavenly. I would have to substitute the All-purpose flour with something that doesn't have carbs. (Blood sugar issues.) Maybe Almond Flour? I'll have to try that. Thanks for sharing the recipe! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a lovely set of wooden utensils. Clean as you go is a great tip. Thank you for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.