Thursday, June 3, 2021

Japanese haiku poetry  and photos....


  Joy! 
"Pleasant afternoon...
an open, pearly sky sweeps
across the land. "
by Annie



In A Temple Garden :
"The old pond is silent;  now the hop of a frog
plumbs the evening stillness...
Plop!"
haiku by basho



On a Child's Passing
"Alas, how far beyond recall today,
My little hunter of dragonflies, you stray"
Haiku by Chiyo



The Rainstorm
"The downpour prickles on the pond,
so sharp It hits the heads
of shallow floating carp."
haiku by Shiki



My Pond on a rainy day. Goldfish, comets and Shebunkin are Carp.



 Bells 
" How still it is!
The belfry's vibrant chime
does not so much as
stir the cherry-blooms"
haiku by Fuhaku
( photo: st.Catherine's church, Spring Lake NJ.. a seaside town)

May you week end by beautiful.
"It's been my experience that you can nearly always enjoy things if you make up your mind firmly that you will."  Lucy Montgomery


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Ann. I hope your week is blessed. Remember to take care of yourself too. Prayers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I am with Sparky; remember to take care yourself. I mean it, don't make me come over there ((grin, you'd like that, wouldn't you? lololol)).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning !
    You are much in our thoughts and prayers !
    May today , and all the days to follow , bring healing , peace and Joy !

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. -
    The haiku...beautifully paired with photos...is a lovely way to begin my day !
    Thank you !!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.