Sunday, June 6, 2021

Sunday Stealing

It's time to steal, so here is my Sunday Stealing for this week! 


1. When is the last time you went out to a meal with someone special? Tell us about it.
It's been a long time. I went out with family back sometime last summer or so.  It was not a nice time as a family member was coming down with cancer and we did not realize it at the time. They were unable to swallow their food.

2. Show us a picture of your favorite cuisine. 

That would be British food, which I love. Roast beef, potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, roasted carrots and Brussels sprouts, lots of gravy.. oh be still my heart.

Roast Beef /Yorkshire pudding

3. What is the funniest thing a man/woman has said to you lately?  Not too much funny going on lately.  I did have some fun talking horses with the hospice nurse and the Famous Anonymous though the other morning.

4. What makes a gentleman a gentleman in today’s dating world? Are there any left?  Not many, I fear. A gentleman opens doors, shows concern, protects his lady, watches his language, takes care of business. Makes sure things go smoothly. I think it is lovely when a man treats a woman like a lady.

5. Is there anything you won’t tolerate when out to dinner with your significant other?  I have not been out to dinner with a significant other in over 24 years or more.  I can imagine that I would not appreciate a loud, rude person with no manners. But I would hope I would not have a significant other who was any of those things.

6. What type of ambiance do you enjoy in an eating establishment?  Quiet, soft music and low lighting.

7. Tell us about the worst public dining experience you ever had, whether it be a date or with your family.
My friend and I ordered from a local place for some fish and chips. We got rooked on the price and the quality. It was a very nice place but now he is gouging prices and skimping badly on the food.  I guess the  jailer's lock down did  a lot of financial damage.  There have been other times food was very substandard and that is always a big let down.

8. What is the lamest or rudest thing a man/woman has said to you lately?   There have been a few things that hurt my feelings lately but, I tend to forget those things quickly.

9. Are you a good tipper?  I try to be, yes.

10. Do you ask for doggie bags when you leave food on your plate at a restaurant?   Often I do if I can't eat it all.

11. What is your pet peeve about restaurants and dining out in general?  Loud, obnoxious music, rude, or loud patrons, a poor wait staff, food thrown together carelessly.
12. Do you prefer to order yourself or do you ever let your significant other order for you?
Its been far too long since I was out with a date.. I have no idea any more. But it would be nice if he did as long as he asked me first.

13. Describe your most intimate romantic dinner ever. (fantasy or real)  Well it would have to be fantasy since that has never happened in real life.  I am not sure I find dinner romantic in the first place but, if the place was intimate, quiet with subdued music , low lights and a private place to sit near one another...that might be very nice.  You know it would be romantic to eat a big tub of fresh french fries(skin on and freshly cut and fried) alone by the water. Just sharing a snack and alone time. I'd like that. Or even just a cup of coffee by the water, etc.

14. Do you enjoy piano bars?  Never been to one. I have been to a restaurant with a pianist but I find it hard to appreciate music in a place like that. It's nice in the background but if I want to hear piano I would like to concentrate on it.

15. If you could go anywhere in the world for dinner, where would it be and who would you be with?
These questions are hard for me... I tend not to dream. They never come true and I find it futile and sad to do so.

7 comments:

  1. It's interesting what you say about British food as many think it's one of the most boring cuisines on the planet - but you're right, nothing is better than a good roast dinner. Well said. (My mum does the best roast lamb - love it)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never really knew that was British food, my mom would make that every Sunday (minus brussl spouts). Gosh, if I was closer, I would give you a big hug and go down to the seaside and eat french fries, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful header ! I miss being there...sigh...too busy now with pre-move purging (amazing what accumulates in 17 years !).
    We agree on all those answers , especially #13 ! Sitting together by the water , at any time of day , is very romantic ! There is far too little investment in such simple pleasures...so very good for one's heart .
    Wishing you peace , healing and Joy , my friend !

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are one of the few people I've ever heard say they like British food. My mom used to make yorkshire puddings when we were kids...love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you on #11. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roast beef and Yorkshire pudding looks good. I have tried it once. The yorksire pudding surprised me as I expected a pudding as in desert. Learnt a bit that day. I last went out with the family in April before Malaysia went into lock down, we had fusion food - taco, roast pork and aglio olio. I think the rudest thing in a restaurant for me would be people who are rude and unkind to the waiters/waitresses. Dropping in fr Malaysia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quiet, soft music is my favorite too but prefer something a little brighter than dim lighting. I like to see what I'm eating. Old eyes, you know. *lol* Roast beef, or any beef, is one of my fav's too. I also like almost any kind of pork.
    I enjoyed your answers. Please try to rest, eat good and let your spirit heal. I know it's been a tough time for you. Just remember, you're loved and appreciated.
    Prayers & Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.