Friday, October 15, 2021

October Gold....

Happy Friday but how did it get here so quickly? It was just 2 weeks ago... and now it is today! It flies friends, it flies.   Anyway here are some Friday photos for this lovely autumn weekend.


"It's the first day of autumn! A time of hot chocolatey mornings, and toasty marshmallow evenings, and, best of all, leaping into leaves!" Winnie the Pooh

“Autumn leaves don't fall, they fly. They take their time and wander on this their only chance to soar.” Delia Owens

"Autumn seemed to arrive suddenly that year. The morning of the first September was crisp and golden as an apple." J.K. Rowling

“Go, sit upon the lofty hill, And turn your eyes around, Where waving woods and waters wild Do hymn an autumn sound." Elizabeth Barrett Browning

“I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” L.M. Montgomery

"Is not this a true autumn day? Just the still melancholy that I love—that makes life and nature harmonize." George Eliot

"No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace as I have seen in one autumnal face." John Donne

No, there is nothing as glorious as Autumn.  It gets better with age as the days and weeks go by and, I hope, they go by none too soon so that it can be savored and enjoyed to the full.

As the weather gets cooler, days get shorter, nights become a time of cozy rest from the days activities. I  hope you are enjoying the autumn.




5 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos and words. Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a wonderful weekend. It does seem to me that this fall is especially wonderful. Maybe because I'm getting older or maybe just because it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning !!!
    You have , my friend , among your many talents , the ability to match your photos to quotes , that surely were the intent of the authors !
    It is a beautiful day...full of promise !
    May all you seek be delivered to you , with joy...now and always !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. All of it.
    Have a great Saturday. It's supposed to be in the 40s (!!!) for us on Sunday. Can't wait!
    Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this was so lovely. I enjoyed this like a breath of fresh air!! Enjoyed all the quotes that go along with the pictures too. Thank you for sharing your beautiful autumn world with us. Love love love.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.