z Cottage by the Sea : Earth,Sky & Sea

Friday, June 10, 2022

Earth,Sky & Sea

Thursday morning we had a very big lightning storm.    More rain is due on the weekend but we will see what happens..   

I enjoy putting captions on the photos and I like having quotes around in general.
 I have a lovely quote on my office wall here in the house that says " Be yourself, everyone else is already taken/" ― Oscar Wilde  
Good advice I think.  
    Here are my Friday contributions with all photos taken in walking distance of my home.  Click to enlarge any photo.

“The sky is the daily bread of the eyes.” ―  Ralph Waldo Emerson

 

 “I believe that if one always looked at the skies, one would end up with wings.”  ―  Gustave Flaubert



"I love diamonds on the sea"  


A nautical congregation on a Sunday afternoon
 


11 comments:

  1. Wonderful post, I like your great shots !
    I like the captions a lot
    My contribution

    ReplyDelete
  2. This visit was extremely rewarding with the quotes and the captions posted with top notch photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6/10/2022

    What a lovely quote and beautiful photos.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy your photos, Ann. I love quotes and the one in your office is certainly one I've written down. If you're familiar with the Mitford books, Fr. Tim loves quotes and there is a whole book published with his favorite quotes. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diamonds on the sea...how lovely! I always think of a caption when I work on a photo, usually a funny one though! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos you posted today. I love the theme of sea and sky. I also love the Wilde quote. And I love your header art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard that Oscar Wilde quote before. It's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You photos are all lovely and I love that quote! You live in a very beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always , a most profitable visit here !
    Beautiful photos...meaningful quotes - most fitting !
    Thank you !!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.