Friday, July 15, 2022

Brandy You're a Fine Girl


Are you ready for the weekend?    It has come up very fast and summer is speeding along. Not long now until Autumn arrives and all the holidays with it.
Weather here is lovely. 81F today and partly sunny.  Humidity is low.

I am joining in with Saturday 9 once again.   
Unfamiliar with this week's tune?     Hear it here.
 
1) This song opens in a bar where lonely sailors reminisce about their homes. How long have you lived at your current residence? Does it feel like home?
I have been in this house for over 30 years. It was not my home and I did not pick it out.  My things are mostly not my own choice so, I could feel much more at home if things were my own.

2) Brandy is a waitress at the bar.   Have you ever worked at a job where you received tips?
No.
 
3) Brandy wears a locket on a braided chain. Are you wearing any jewelry as you answer these 9 questions?
 I am not wearing any jewelry at all.    I only wear it for worship services or going out.   I always wore a ring growing up and partly when married but it lost it's meaning completely.

4) According to the lyrics, the sailors seem to prefer whisky or wine. What's your go-to adult beverage?
Well, I would say iced tea.. since kids really should not be drinking caffeinated things.   I really don't drink alcoholic beverages.

My Brandy at 15 yrs. old
5) This song was such a big hit that, after its release, Brandy became a popular name for newborn girls. Do you know anyone named Brandy?

I had a dog named Brandy. I don't know any person with that name.

6) Barry Manilow scored a hit in 1974 with "Mandy." That song was initially called "Brandy," but it was changed to avoid confusion with this record. Do you have a favorite Barry Manilow song?
 I like 'When October Goes' and 'Weekend in New England'

7) In 1972, when this song was popular, residents of South Dakota endured a catastrophic flood when Rapid Creek overflowed. Give us a little geography lesson: what body of water is nearest you?
 The Atlantic Ocean and Barnegat Bay are down the street.

8) Also in 1972, the first women were permitted to run in the Boston marathon. Have you ever visited Boston?
Yes.  I like Boston and I love Massachusetts.

9) Random summertime question:    Would you prefer to swim in a pool, a lake/river, or the ocean?
If I could I would like a pool but I've always been swimming in the ocean and creeks.




8 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your answers. Brandy (your doggy) looks like she was a sweet old dog. I am sure you miss her. I also prefer swimming in a pool if it is private. Don't like to swim with strangers just because I like to swim in peace and quiet. We used to swim in the lakes here many years ago, but the gators seem to have taken them over. The ocean is fun, but not really a place to 'swim'. We have many springs in our area and they are crystal clear and beautiful, but the water is VERY COLD. I haven't been swimming in one since I was a child, but I loved how you could see everything so clearly. It's been a while since I went swimming anywhere. Not sure I even have a bathing suit that fits anymore. Oh well...that's life. I enjoyed your answers. I always learn something when I visit you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would rather swim in a pool, too, but I do love to be near the ocean. What a blessing that you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your answers! When my sweet Mandy, my silky terrier was with me, I often was asked if she was named for Barry Manilow's song. She was not. She was Amanda - shorted to Mandy. I'd probably prefer swimming in a pool but I love the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, your Brandy is beautiful. I prefer a pool also. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. We swam in the creek when we were kids and I didn't mind it at all. I don't think I would like it so much now, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Annie!!! I love that song, one of my all time favorites. Hope you are having a nice weekend. I posted on my blog today. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed reading your answers.Have a wonderful Sunday and best wishes for a great summer season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another lovely header !!!
    I prefer to swim in a pool , but NEED to be by the ocean...so beautiful and centering !
    Have a splendid day , my friend !

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.