Saturday, September 17, 2022

Random Things...


sunny on Sunday


Sunday will be warmer and once again sunny. Rain please?   Rainy days are special as they clean the world and refresh everything.  We might get some rain later on in the week but I don't know if it would be enough.  
I've been thinking of the past today.  As a kid I would take a bus to a girl scout swim camp in the morning and swim all day at the lake. The bus would drop me off across the railroad  tracks from my hometown and I would walk across the bridge from there to get home.  It was not a long way.  
   Sometimes I would stop at the drug store in that town and get a small glass of coca cola.  It would be
icy cold and delicious as only fountain coke could be.  I remember how thirsty I was in the hot summer afternoon and how wonderful that coca cola was.  If I had the money I would buy an egg salad sandwich and sit at the counter to eat it.  They made them so good!!   It is odd the memories that come to you again and again and that is one memory that I often return to.     Do you have any like that which are vivid in your mind?    
 I was probably about 10 or 11 years old when this was happened.
 
 On Sunday it's fun to join in for Sunday Stealing (link in pix below). 

" Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing.  Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves."


!. Do you have any Pepto-Bismol in your house? 
No.  I always found that it made me feel much worse.

2/ Do you have a favorite flavor of vodka? 
No.  I don't drink vodka.

3. Is your backyard big enough to fit a trampoline? ...and then some.  
Yes , I have a big backyard.

4. When was the last time you had eggs?   
I usually have them daily but, I ran out the other day so the last time would be Thursday.

5. How often do you blow dry your hair, and what color is your blow dryer? 
I blow it dry most of the time but not all the time and the blow dryer is  black. 

6. Have you ever gone to bed later than three AM?  
Yes, I have.   I've gone to bed as late as 10AM when I was busy.

7. Have you been to a surprise party before? 
No. I have never had one or been to one.

8. What is your least favorite month? 
I can't think of a least favorite month really.

9. Have you ever gone to see a movie the day it came out? 
No, I never have that I can recall anyway.

10. Do you like movies/books about drugs, and why or why not? 
Books about drugs? No. I don't think I would like that much at all.   I worked with drug addicts for a while and find the subject disgusting.

11. Do you have scrap paper by your computer desk? 
I have notebooks.

12. Have you ever kept a bag from a store because you liked it? 
Yes if it would be useful sometime.  

13. Was the last thing you drank carbonated?
No, it wasn't

14. Do you own any yellow clothing?
Yes.  U have a yellow gingham blouse and I used to have a lovely spaghetti strap dress of yellow dotted Swiss with a full skirt.

15. Last person you argued with?  A friend on the phone. Nothing serious..

Now one last use of the summery siggy.... Come back soon.


3 comments:

  1. That dress sounded cute! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your yellow outfit sounds cute. I have nothing that is yellow. Such a pretty color too. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate to argue with anyone, even over the phone. We keep all the bags we get and reuse them, but I don't necessarily like them!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.