Saturday, November 19, 2022

Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows

Song that describes my mood today: Saturday 9 from 1965.
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every

Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Saturday 9: Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows (1965)

Unfamiliar with this week's song?      Hear it here.

1. In this song, Lesley Gore sings that sunshine is wonderful. It's hard to argue with that. Is it sunny where you are today?
Sunny and Breezy and Cold

2. Tootsie Roll is the world's #1 manufacturer of lollipops, and cherry is their most popular flavor. Do you have a sweet tooth? If yes, what's your favorite sweet treat?
I like candy but I can't have it.  I like Snickers a lot though.

3. According to myth, you'll find a leprechaun's pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. If you suddenly, unexpectedly came into $100,000, what is the first thing you would buy?
I'd sell this house and use all that money to buy a new house.
4. She feels brighter than a lucky penny. Abraham Lincoln was the first person to appear on a U.S. coin, when the 1909 penny was struck in honor of his 100th birthday. Thomas Jefferson is on the nickel, George Washington is on the quarter, and John F. Kennedy is on the half dollar. Without looking, do you know which President is on the dime?
Teddy Roosevelt I think.

5. Lesley Gore was very popular in the 1960s, with 11 Top Ten hits. Most people don't know that, while she was making records, she was also attending Sarah Lawrence College and graduated with her BA in 1968. What's something most Saturday 9ers would be surprised to know about you?
I did barrel racing,  
 
6. She performed "Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows" in the movie Ski Party. Do you plan to ski this season?     No. I can ice skate really well but I have never tried skiing and now I am disabled so it's out.

7. This song was written by Marvin Hamlisch, who would go on to win three Oscars, four Grammys, three Emmys, a Tony, and a Pulitzer Prize. That's quite an impressive list! But we believe our Sat 9-ers are impressive, too. So give yourself an award this morning. (For example, Crazy Sam is now Meme Mistress of the Year.)
I am Empress Penguin of Antarctica.   I have a FB page under another name for playing a game and my avatar is Chilly Willy. Now everyone teases me about being a penguin. 

8. In 1965, when this song was on the charts, I Dream of Jeannie premiered. This supernatural sitcom, about an astronaut who finds a genie on a beach, competed for viewers with Bewitched, which was about an advertising executive who marries a witch. Do you prefer Bewitched or I Dream of Jeannie?
I liked Bewitched.  My father loved both programs.  I sure wish there were simple tv shows like that around today. Everything is so ugly and serious.

9. Random question -- Which would you rather have, tacos or pizza?
I will take both thank you very much.


10 comments:

  1. I'm with you. I want both tacos and pizza! Your little cottage is so cute and cozy as I can see from photos in the past. Would you still live the the water if you bought another one? I'm not much of a sports person either. I'm having leg strength issues and the best I can do now is walk. Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melanie, yes, I would buy in the same neighborhood if I could. It's wonderful here.

      Delete
  2. I love tacos and pizza too. We may have pizza tonight after all day at Dixie Cottage. I've never snow skiied before but I have water skiied. I must not be spelling that right. I wasn't very good at skiing either. I wish there were fun, clean shows on TV like Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie. I enjoyed those growing up as well, plus a lot of other fun shows. Well, I'd better run and get ready for a long day. I hope you have a blessed and happy day of sunshine, lollipops and roses too. Oh, I don't eat much candy either, but if I do, I love PayDay candy bars. I can't eat chocolate unless it is dark, and then very little. bye for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chilly Willy, thanks for the many smiles and fits of giggles. Every once in a while, I need chocolate, yesterday was a prime example and my boss came by desk and supplied me with mini chocolate bars, so needed, grin. I was frustrated---the other girl refusing to answer the phone that never stops ringing, LOL. It was driving me batty. I might have snapped, and she got a talking too...I don't think she is going to last, just saying. ANYWAYS---Have a great day friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have the GAC network? They have nice movies...like Hallmark, but with values. I watch on Frndly tv app on my tv.
    OK! I did not know that about your barrel racing! Very cool.
    #9...me too! I love both. Loved your answers!
    Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barrel racing, I love it! That's so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, better TV programming would be nice. I like that you identify with penguins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I am officially shocked by barrel racing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Byrd's song is such a beautiful one. And Ooo! A Barrel Racer. I always will watch any of the ladies competing at Rodeo's. I'm horse crazy. So, you too have noticed the dark invasion going on in most hew TV seasons. And, yes, it's a shame, I agree.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.