Sunday, February 5, 2023

Three

Still chilly here on the coast but temperatures should be rising a bit. We had a dusting of snow but nothing more this year and it was gone by noon.   We don't get much extreme weather here along the coast. We are a peninsula so I think that has a lot to do with it.

Joining in for stealing on this Sunday.
 
"Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!"

Stolen from Moody Blue... and she admits it!
 
Three names you go by, other than your given name:
 I was Angie to some in high school... Honey to a few...Mom to a few others.

Three things you like about yourself:
I look far younger than I am.. far, far  younger ,  my ability to see through things, that I am not at all stupid. 

Three things you don't like about yourself:
Procrastination, too serious sometimes,  not sure of another one but I am sure others could fill it in.

Three parts of your heritage:  My DNA is from Haplogroup R1B which dates back 30,000 years.  My family were hard working ship captains, builders and a few coal miners and farmers thrown in for good measure.  All of my ancestors were good singers.   I come from straightforward people who work hard and are honest.

Three things you are wearing right now:  jeans, soft woolen cardigan, shoes

Three favorite bands/musical artists:  I like songs rather than groups but I did like the The Guess Who, Led Zeppelin,  Frank Sinatra, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Capaldi.. oh my there are just too many and it changes over time.

Three favorite songs:     Amarillo by Morning, Toulouse Street, One of Them Girls are favorites right now. Amarillo by Morning is always a favorite as it reminds me of my life out west.


Charles Marie Widor's  Toccata played at my wedding , Cathedral Basilica in New Jersey.
My grandmother was the only other person who could play it this well. She was a professional church organist.   On exiting, I did not leave but sat down to listen to him play it.  It thrills me to hear this.  It was played at the Famous Anonymous' university graduation too on the largest organ in the world in Atlantic City.  Man.. what a performance that was.    I love the pipe organ ..the finest instrument on the earth.






Three things you want in a relationship:  love, friendship, laughter.
Three of your favorite hobbies:   games, painting, decorating

Three things that scare you:  not much that I can think of.

Three of your everyday essentials:  Food, air, water. Oh, and a cup of tea... strong with milk, no sugar, thank you .

Three places you want to go on vacation:  I think maybe Nantucket or Martha's Vineyard ,Savannah, Ga, , maybe Miami Florida for a bit.   

Three careers you have considered/are considering: Dance teacher, Forensic Anthropology,  forest ranger.  I did end up in medicine and in writing as a ghost writer doing quite a few novels. (no I sign a non disclosure contract so though you may have read or seen them, I can't tell you which they are).

Three things you want to do before you die:  guess take a vacation and have a nice time.

Three things you want to do really badly right now:   I could really use a trip away in a quiet place.

Love,     

7 comments:

  1. I have a Guess Who album. But I have a LOT of Led Zeppelin and Frank Sinatra, and I just finished listening to about a half dozen Doobies albums this week;Toulouse Street was my first album of theirs, back in college. I LOVE the Widor. The best time I ever had with my father was in Savannah, GA less than two years before he died.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot about "Dad" - I get called that too (of course).

    You can't beat a strong cup of tea with milk and no sugar - exactly the same way I take it.

    I wish I could paint.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to get a ghostwriting gig. I wanted to be the ghostwriter for Nancy Drew books when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Golly gee, a real "ghostwriter"? Oh, I do wish I knew what they were, or at least what genre. You never cease to amaze me. I do love a strong cup of hot tea, but no milk please, and yes, a scant spoonful of sugar. I do not like milk and especially not in my tea. I prefer my iced tea unsweetened, with a lemon. Three names I've been called, Pam, Pamela, Pammy, and then of course, Mommy, Grandma, Aunt Pam. I enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ed Sheeran is certainly on my list too. He is refreshing.
    I only drink tea when I am ill. But never sugar in it.

    I enjoyed reading your answers.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A ghostwriter, how about that? Now I'll be wondering what books they could possibly be, drats, I'll never know! :) Amarillo By Morning, great song and recorded by a great artist. Love visiting today and reading your answers, I sure hope you get that nice, peaceful vacation. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.