Sunday, May 7, 2023

Music we Love...

Music is always a good subject for blogging about.  I spent so much time listening to music for this post and enjoyed it so much.   How about you?  There were also so many songs left out.
 
Now let's join in for Sunday Stealing.
Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves

Stolen from SwapBot

1. a song with a food name.    "Jambalaya" , "Chicken Fried" by Zac Brown Band.  

2  a song with an animal in it.   "The Wiffenpoof Song". lyrics: "We are poor little sheep who have lost their way, baaa, baaa, baaa.." 

3  a song about a bird.   The beautiful "Skylark" especially the version by KD Lang.
>


4  a song about a dog.  "How Much is that Doggy in the Window"

5  a song mentioning a cat.  "Year of the Cat" by Al Stewart or  "What's New Pussycat" by Tom Jones

6  a song listing a character from Wizard of  Oz. "Tin Man" by America

7  a late night driving song.  "Reach the Stars" by The Wildcardz , dazeychain.

8  a song from a movie.  "Laura" as sung by Mat Munro.  A man once told me the song reminded him of me.

9  a guilty pleasure song:  YMCA by the Village People and "Bitter" by Fletcher

10 a song about friends..  "You Are Loved" by Stars Go Dim

11 a song that is about summertime... "All Summer Long" by the Beach Boys., Summer Breeze by Seals and Crofts.  There are so many.

12 a song that needs to be played more on the radio.  "Beautiful" by Late Night Alumni

13 a song about drugs or alcohol.  "Scotch and Soda" by the Kingston Trio,  "Tennessee Whiskey" by Chris Stapleton with Justin Timberlake... best version ever.

14 a song you would sing at karaoke... "All Jacked  up" by Gretchen Wilson

15 a song from year you were born.  
So I took a test to see what year I should have been born in and it came up as 1919! Wow.. I am OLD and that was so totally unexpected. Not sure how the app came up with that!
  So one of the top songs of 1919 was "Jazz Baby": which Carol Channing re- interpreted in the movie "Thoroughly Modern Millie".

6 comments:

  1. When I was in high school, I was in Glee Club and we sang the Whiffenpoof Song! I saw Seals and Crofts on 12 Nov 1971!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truth be told, I was way too lazy to answer these questions, lolol. Have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer Breeze is a lovely song. Good choices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Chicken Fried and Tennessee Whiskey (and agree about best version ever). I am also surprised but LOVE that you would sing Gretchen Wilson at karaoke. I would love to see that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a difference in these songs. Some I'm never heard but I'll go check them out. I'm humming a little Gretchen W. now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For a laugh, I used to dance to YMCA at Christmas parties - it was a standing joke. I have given up now though (thankfully).

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.