Saturday, June 17, 2023

Beautiful Boy

Happy weekend my friends. I hope you are having a lovely day. Storms and tornado alerts yesterday will give way to sunshine tomorrow for part of the day anyway. In the low 70's, it's pretty and comfortable outside. Here is Saturday 9.
"Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!"

Saturday 9: Beautiful Boy (1980)

This song was chosen in honor of Father's Day. Hear it here.

1) Paul McCartney has said that "Beautiful Boy" is one of his favorite John Lennon solo songs. What's yours?   I don't have one.  

2) Lennon wrote this for his son, Sean. Father and son share an October 9 birthday. Does anyone in your life share your birthday?
John F. Kennedy Jr. shared it, as did Frank Sinatra, but no one close to me and no one in my family.

3) John asks Sean to take his hand before they cross the street. Name another song that references holding hands.    "Laughter in the Rain" by Neil Sedaka
"Ooh, I hear laughter in the rain
Walking hand in hand with the one I love
Ooh, how I love the rainy days
And the happy way I feel inside
I feel the warmth of her hand in mine"

4) Today Sean Lennon is in his late 40s. He lives in Greenwich Village, creating art and music from his elaborate home-based music and film studio. Are you into the latest in electronics?
No.  I am on the look out for a new sound system for my desk top computer.  I have a very good one with great bass...shakes the floor...but it's old now and should be replaced soon.

5) In Thailand, Father's Day is observed on the birthday of the current King.   Are you celebrating any birthdays this month?   No birthdays are in June that I know of.

6) Crazy Sam vividly remembers her long-ago high school days when her father gave her driving lessons. Do you consider yourself a good driver?
No, probably not. I tend not to pay enough attention.

7) Sam's dad is a stickler about car maintenance and reminds Sam to change her air filter regularly so her a/c and heater can run efficiently.  Share a car maintenance tip.
Change your oil.

8) When he fills up the car, Sam's father also stocks up on his favorite candy: Life Savers. He always has a bag in the glove compartment. What's something you don't leave home without?
Tissues.

9) Random Question: How long can you go without checking your phone?    Days, weeks.   I just don't care enough.  I keep the phone as far away from me as possible.  I hate talking on the phone and don't see much use for it at all except as a way for people to annoy me.  
I also never check my email and its been years since I've checked my main email address... probably since the late 1990's.          I just don't care.
 

3 comments:

  1. Grinning (on the email etc.) I know where to find ya, LOLOL. Have a great day, Annie...and severe weather here in Florida too. Me thinks folks are messing with the weather, just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate talking on the phone. I totally agree with you there. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend. ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.