Saturday, June 24, 2023

It Ain't Over


Another rainy, thundery  weekend. I suppose we can use the rain though everything here on the eastern coast is super green and luxurious.    Also, I get to use my cute little weather icons that I like so much and my favorite ones are the stormy ones.   I hope your weather is behaving as you want it to. 
I'm joining in for Saturday 9... here we go.

"Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every
Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!"

Saturday 9: It Ain't Over 'Til It's Over (1991)

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Lenny Kravitz sings about all the tears he's cried over this relationship.  Scientists theorize that human tears fall into two categories: emotional and irritant. "Emotional tears" are most often shed over physical pain, empathy, compassion, depression, and anger/frustration. Think about the last time you cried.  What triggered your tears?
Emotion.

2) We also cry "irritant tears," which means we well up when a foreign particle gets in our eye. Over-the-counter drops can help. What's the last thing you bought at the drugstore? Was it a medication (OTC or prescription) or something else entirely?
Systane Eye drops .

3) TV actresses have played a big part in Lenny Kravitz' life. His mother was Roxie Roker, who played the neighbor Helen on The Jeffersons. His wife (and the inspiration for this song) was Lisa Bonet, who played one of the daughters on The Cosby Show. Their daughter, Zoe Kravitz, appeared in the HBO series Big Little Lies. What TV series do you never tire of, and could watch again and again? 
Ozzie and Harriet, Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill and the first few seasons of Fargo.

4) Thinking of Big Little Lies ... Zoe Kravitz co-starred with Nicole Kidman. Shortly after Kidman divorced Tom Cruise, she dated Lenny Kravitz. Have you ever been curious about a partner's past love?
No.  Never was interested.
5) Lenny Kravitz and Today Show weatherman Al Roker are second cousins (their grandfathers were brothers). Do you turn to a TV weatherman for the forecast? Or do you check a website or app?
I use Windy.com which is much better and more fun.  You can see everything around the world and even see wave size and weather in Antarctica.  

6) Also a talented photographer, Lenny's work has been displayed at the Leica Gallery in Wetzlar, Germany. What's the most recent photo you took? 

7) In 1991, when this song was popular, Murray Bicycles were the top seller among younger set. Popularity is fleeting, though. By 2004, the company filed for bankruptcy and no longer produces bicycles. Was your bike a big part of your summer when you were a kid?
Yes. I had a wonderful metallic turquoise blue bike I really loved to ride.

8) Also in 1991, Gene Roddenberry died. Mr. Roddenberry is best known as the creator of Star Trek. Who's your favorite Star Trek character?
I like Capt. Kirk, Jean Luc Picard, and I enjoyed Kate Mulgrew as Capt. Janeway.

9) Random Question: How do you think your high school classmates remember you?
I have no idea.  I was liked in school, so probably favorably.  I don't keep in touch so I don't really know

4 comments:

  1. Interesting answers. I never had a bike of my own. We lived out in the country and it was too far to ride into town, so I only remember one memorable bike ride (using my sister's bike), and I had an accident on the highway and almost got hit by a semi truck. I ripped my pants and skinned my knee. I guess that's why I don't have a lot of love for bike riding. I love your sky photo. That is a beauty. My hubby still loves to watch the old Star Trek reruns. We never watched the newer ones. We like the old crew best. Have a blessed weekend. It's raining here again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay, another Kate Mulgrew fan! I loved Kathryn Janeway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I was a real TVholic, but I never heard of 3 of your "can watch over and over again" I usedto watch "Ozzie and Harriet" but not the others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use Systane eyedrops too. I watched most of the original Star Trek shows. I watched Ozzie and Harriet too. Lots of good shows. Lucy was the best because we all need to laugh!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.