Sunday, August 20, 2023

These are a Few of My Favorite Things


Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves.

Stolen from Ned The Duck: Name Your Favorite
    Place: Prince Edward Island, Canada or Cape May, New Jersey
    Color:  palest yellow
    Smell: Balsam Pine
    Magazine: I always liked the New Yorker though they've gone a bit overboard with the trump derangement (I am not conservative OR liberal. I view both sides as a bit nuts), I loved  The Saturday Evening Post and Good Housekeeping used to be lovely.  Victoria was once better than it is now. Magazines about Country living or Primitive décor are good.
    Texture: Oh, I have no idea. There are many that are nice in different situations and contexts.
    Thing to do when bored:   Being bored is something to do all in itself so,  I just don't bother doing it.
    Precious stone:   I like pink sapphires which includes rubies as rubies ARE sapphires.  I love green beryls .. the sea water crystal green style, not the emerald (which is a beryl). I also think that the lime green Peridot is gorgeous if cut right and much under appreciated. I am rather fond of Rose de France Amethysts.. just splendid.    And Diamonds are a girl's best friend... though Moisonite and the new #5 CZs are beautiful now.
    Animal:   Every animal has it's own personality so, it would be based on that.  I've loved all the animals that have shared my life through the years. No favorites they were all loved.
    Time in history:  We tend to idealize eras but they were all pretty much the same.  Violence, evil, ugliness were rampant since we left Eden.   ble things going on and people always felt the end was near.   We idealize the Vikings.. a people who lived by stealing from others and never did a days honest work in their lives. Human trafficking was their bread and butter as it was for the Arabs who traded in Europeans, Russians and Africans and still do.  
The huge windmills in the ocean with their battery poison are killing fish and seabirds by the dozens.  Here in NJ our beaches are littered with dead whales.
Fukashima killed the Pacific ocean and moved Japan over to the left 6 feet!  But it all worked out in the end.

    Font:   On this blog I use  Qwigley |Allura| EB+Garamond |Pinyon+Script| Italianno| and Bad+Script.    The main page font here is EB Garamond.  The titles of posts is Qwigley. I am not using the others right now.
    Sound:  Wind, rain, thunder, waves on the ocean, gurgling stream.
    Fruit: Pineapple!!!!
    Vegetable: Green beans are nice. I like broccoli and spinach.
    Store/shop:  I like Home Goods and  TJ Maxx, and that store that sells soaps and perfumes.
    Quote:  A small wind can stir up much dust. and the one about learning to dance in the rain.. oh yeah I've done that one.
    Historical figure:  Shem, my forefather and a truly great man.
    Letter:  A and B
    Memory: my kids
    Dessert:   Napoleon 
Napoleon.. layers of goodness

    Candy:     Snickers, Turtles
    Restaurant:  Its a tie between the Russian Tea Room and Delmonicos (which closed sadly) or the Grand Tier in the Metropolitan Opera. And barring those, Johnny G's Italian restaurant and pizza place.
    Language:  English of course
    Thing to learn about: Anthropology, bible
    Thing about yourself:   I am a 100% human being!

4 comments:

  1. What is a Napoleon dessert? I have never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie: I enjoyed reading your answers and learning a little more about you. We like some of the same things. Hope you are having a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading your answers. I love Turtles. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.