Monday, September 18, 2023

Art

 

Hi Friends and welcome back to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 where we give you 4 questions each week to ponder and answer.  It also gives you a chance to see how other Bloggers feel about things and an opportunity to make new friends.

This week let's talk about art.

1. Are you artistic in any way and if so, how so? Knitting, crochet, drawing, painting, writing lovely word art, home décor, lovely meals?  There are many ways to be artistic.

I paint and use my paintings as headers for this blog. I guess that's artistic.  I crochet too.

2. Does any art hang on your walls or grace your tables or shelves at home? How about your front door or windows.. what about your yard?

I have two Amish girl portraits hanging on the wall, 2 portraits of cowboy children and a very large Leonid Afremov hanging above my paino.

Leonid Afremov


3. Do you have a favorite artist or artists and do you have a favorite piece of art?   I like the art of Edouard Léon Cortès. who was called  "the Parisian Poet of Painting" . His rainy day, snowy day paintings are wonderful.

4.  Home décor can be art. When you  bought things for your home did you plan out the décor or did it all just fall together. Was there a theme?   I never had the money to plan.  I have hand me downs for the most part.


Edouard Léon Cortès


If you are interested in learning about art, may I recommend Sister Wendy from the BBC?  Her lecture series on art is available on YouTube HERE  and are quite enlightening and entertaining.   She will help you see art in a brand new way. 


7 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore your beautiful headers. Your painting is exquisite... and full of life! YOUr home is eclectic and and beautiful! It is definitely, YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of my furniture is hand me downs or made by my father and I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, all your paintings in the headers are very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love your beautiful headers. You are definitely an artist!!! I would love to sit and watch you paint and maybe you could teach me! The paintings your shared are also very nice!! Every piece of our furniture was a hand me down of one kind or another. I think the only thing we ever bought new was a recliner for hubby. And maybe a mattress. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a big fan of your headers and other art . There is a framed one of my Mother and I...most treasured !
    I am an amateur photographer , and enjoy doing things with my hands (weaving baskets , crafting wreaths and mailbox swags...) . Many pieces of my furniture were family owned and it is comforting to have them around me .
    Stay safe and well...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your paintings Annie. I don't think I'd heard of the painter Cortes but I love the painting you've shown of his.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mother in law has some amish pictures on her walls. They lived in indiana for years in the mids of amish country. My father grew up mennonite. I enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.