Saturday, September 16, 2023

Sunday and Stealing is in the Air


It's downright chilly here by the sea shore.  Temperatures go up to the low 70's mid day but at night its been in the 55F area.  Mornings need some hot tea or coffee to warm up with!   The Atlantic is rough
from Hurricane Lee and the rip tides are powerful.  4 have died in the surf and dozens had to be rescued.  What is wrong with people!!  Flags are up, life guards are warning them out of the water.. and actually the towns have said no swimming at all.  It does not stop them.  Locals stay out, we know how powerful the ocean is but tourists think they are invincible, indestructible.  Could it be a big ego and a show off attitude? I don't know. Do you have any ideas?

Let's do some stealing.  Click the logo to visit.
This week questions are stolen from Pinterest.


1. What is your favorite book?  There are a few. Mostly I enjoy the Robert Parker books about Spenser and Jesse Stone.  I like Danielle Steeles books a lot too.   I don't think I have one especially favorite book though.  I have read some many times over though.
2. Are you afraid of the dark?   Not really.  Are You Afraid of the Dark   on Nickelodeon was a great teen/preteen show from Canada that I watched with my kids after school.  You can find them on
YouTube if you want to watch some.  Very entertaining I thought.
3. Are you mean?  Not in person, no but in my head sometimes I am.
4. Is cheating ever OK?   Yes! Just as lying is okay in certain circumstances.   If Anne Franks is in my attic I am going to lie to the not-zees (you are not allowed to say those things on Blogger any more  ..sigh).    You better believe I am going to lie and say she isn't there.     And if I have to cheat them to save her I will do that as well. 
Any so-called sin is okay if there is a higher purpose for doing it.    Thou shalt not steal unless a child is starving .    In a perfect world this would not be but we do not live in Gan Eden any more.  We live post Eden where evil forces our hand many times.  The value of saving a life or "Pikuach Nefesh" is the principle that saving a life comes before any other law.
This kind of question reminds me of sayings like "money doesn't buy happiness".   I hate sayings like that which come from a very shallow view of life.    Money can buy a load of happiness for a  person with no food, home, clothing, etc.   
5. Can you keep white shoes white?   Well, of course all shoes get scuffed and need polish.  I remember the times we used to use white shoe polish on our Keds sneakers!
6. Are you currently bored?    I am rarely bored.    What I am right now is chilly!!
7. Would you change your name?  I did when I married.   I am very much against that now too.   It is virtually impossible to find some women who married.  It is as though they ceased to exist.  Of course we live in a time when erasure of women is a big hobby for some but it's been going on for millennia now.  
8. Do you like the subway?   Are you out of your mind?   The nearest subway to me is the New York City subway.  The smell of urine would knock you out, not to mention it is dangerous.  Where I live there are no subways.  

9. Who’s the last person you had a deep conversation with? My daughter and my friend Katy.
10. Dumbest lie you’ve ever told?   I have not told any dumb lies. 
11. Do you sleep with your door open or closed?    Closed and locked.  
12. Favorite month?  October.  
13. Dark, milk, or white chocolate?   I think milk chocolate tastes the best. 
14. Tea or coffee?  I like tea with milk, no sugar.    Coffee is meh. I can take it or leave it.  Once in a while it's nice to have a hot drink though.
15. Night or day?  Both of them.   Like seasons and months there are good things in both!



5 comments:

  1. I'll tell you what, you sure can make me smile, lol. I hope you had a beautiful day, Annie...and no 50* here, still very warm/humid. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, remember polishing those white keds! I enjoyed your answers. I Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure the erasure of women has been an ongoing thing for thousands of years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning , my friend !
    Today is a rainy , 65 degree Monday , so getting out of a cozy bed was difficult ...to say nothing of a warm , cuddly kitty companion ! As to the erasure of women , that has been going on from the beginning , when the first guy blamed God for his self-inflicted woes "the woman YOU gave me ..." !
    May you all stay safe and well !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading your answers Annie. No coffee or tea for me, I love all 3 chocolates. I rarely get bored either and if I did, I'd find something to do. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.