Thursday, September 7, 2023

Hodgepodge

Good day friends!
Our temperatures have risen a bit into the high 80s after a couple weeks of very cool weather but it's lovely outside anyway and a great way to end summertime and look forward to autumn.
In a previous post I spoke more about my private life than I have ever done but I think few saw it. I also noticed many did not know I paint my own headers for the blog.  I do.. I adapt them to use as headers


From this Side of the Pond
1. It's National Read A Book Day...whatcha' reading? What's a book you want to read? 
I want to find and buy a copy of Lady Bird Johnson's A White House Diary.   I bought one new when it was first published but it was left behind in Utah with most of my things.   I want to read it again.
2. Which is better...having high expectations or low expectations? Explain why. 
I don't have expectations and that makes it better.  I try to avoid bad things as much as I can and do what is right to the best of my ability.  Having expectations high or low, locks you in too much and leads to disappointment I think.
3. Serenity is________________________. 
To me it is playing piano or painting, sitting by the water or being with friends and family.

4. What's  the most interesting thing in your purse or pocket right now? 
Clorox bleach wipes?  I keep a pack for when I am out and about.  They are especially good for wiping down toilets for kids.. just swipe, wait a minute, then wipe dry. Voila.. a sanitary toilet.

5. What helps you calm down? 
Prayer is the biggest help, music and the ocean are big helps too.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

A photo thought



 

7 comments:

  1. "Prayer is the biggest help..."

    Amen to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book sounds intriguing. Thanks for your answers. As a side note, why don't you add your link to the LinkyTools linky?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annie. Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. I am now your newest follower. Prayer is my go-to for calming down and feeling peace as well. Lady Bird's book sounds interesting. I like memoirs. You have an interesting blog. I will be back for another visit soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayer indeed....the solution to all things....thanks for stopping by my little space in the ether...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning !
    Visiting here is a lovely way to start the day !
    Interesting questions and my responses are very similar to yours ...
    prayer , ocean , friends...
    Your "Photo Thought" is a perfect vibe for today !
    Thank you for all you do !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining the Hodgepodge this week. I love your header. You have a talent for painting. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.