z Cottage by the Sea : Stealing Again

Sunday, October 8, 2023

Stealing Again


Happy first day of the week friends!   Another week has gone by and we start another today.  Time flies when you're having fun.


Stolen from Swat Bot, this week's Sunday Stealing.
1. Are there any fall-specific hobbies or crafts you enjoy pursuing?   I like to decorate for the season a little bit.
2. Do you have any favorite fall-inspired recipes you like to cook or bake?  Yes, I like to make more chili, beef stew (cholent) and oven baked casseroles in the cooler weather.
3. Are you a fan of Halloween? If so, what's been your favorite costume?   I hate to admit it but I am a fan of the light hearted part.. the pumpkins and cute costumes but not the occult aspects of it.    I would like to be Raggedy Ann for Halloween.
4.  Do you have any childhood memories related to the autumn season?  Yes!  Walking home for lunch from school and avoiding puddles.  Picking up fresh fallen chestnuts on Chestnut Street and saving them.  Piles of leaves.  Drives in the Watchung Mountains.  Walks along the beach on cold windy mornings.
5.  What kind of outdoor activities do you enjoy during the autumn months?  Shopping at fairs and market villages.  Football games are nice once in a while too.  I really love railfanning in the autumn too. Probably my favorite time of year for trains.  Trains are one thing that brought Toni Taddeo and I together as friends.  We had so much in common it was uncanny.
6. Do you look forward to 'sweata weatha'? What is your favorite go-to outfit for Fall? I have an outrageously large hoodie collection mostly from college etc.  Those and plaid flannel shirts with jeans are favorites.  I also enjoy wearing Bass Weejun loafers in fall.
7. Are you a fan of pumpkin or apple flavored treats or beverages?  I love the flavor of pumpkin spice in coffee.  I love pumpkin pie and I also love apple pie!

8. Which fall scents do you find most appealing?  The perfume "Sweater Weather" is nice.  I love the smell of Balsam, Pine, Cedar and the fallen leaves especially in the rain.
9. Do you like to visit apple orchards or pumpkin patches or corn mazes?  I have never done any of that.  I would like to though.
10. Have you ever participated in or attended a fall festival or harvest fair?  Well, Sukkot or the feast of tabernacles is not a fair but it is a festival. I love eating out in the sukkah and having guests over.  It is a feeling of love, peace and spirituality I cannot describe accurately enough.. I feel so safe under the hand of God in my sukkah.
11. What's your favorite thing about autumn?  Autumn days and nights. I guess it's how things look.  I love autumn colors and classic autumn weather so much.
12. Are you more of a cider or hot chocolate person when it comes to fall beverages?  If I were not sensitive to chocolate it would probably be my favorite but a hot cider is great.
13. What's your ideal way to spend a crisp autumn evening?  Outside having a warm drink and socializing with friends.
14. Do you like to dress up for Halloween? What's your favorite costume or what costume do you


plan for this year? Do you like to make your own costume?
I don't dress up for Halloween but if I did, I said earlier I would be Raggedy Ann this year and yes, I would make my own costume.
15. Are you a football fan? What's your favorite team?  I am not a football fan though I went to games in high school.   My mother was a huge fan of the New York Giants and the Philadelphia Eagles.
When he was little my son had a Minnesota Vikings jacket.. not sure that counts but my little boy liked it!

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed all of your answers to some fun fall questions. I can imagine you'd make a perfect "Raggedy Ann"...let us know and see it if you do it! I agree about Halloween, I enjoy the fun fall aspects of it and we enjoy seeing the children come in their costumes for Trick or Treat. But I do not like the occult aspects of it. I've always enjoyed costumes, however. I tended to either be a queen or a hobo...easy costumes to create out of my wardrobe. LOL. We just visited an apple orchard on our trip last week, although we never actually went into the "orchard". The building was filled with every apple imaginable, however, and delicious cider, etc. It was an experience for sure! We don't have apple orchards in Florida, so I miss that aspect of fall. I hope you enjoy this lovely season. Oh, I LOVE your header!! That is amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you about the header. I don't dress up for Halloween.. no where to go. ;)

      Delete
  2. *I* saved chestnuts! I root for the NYG because I have for over 60 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello , All !
    Beautiful header....your paintings seem to draw one into the scene...wonderful !
    #3 - I like the costume and children's enjoyment of Halloween , but certainly not the dark aspect of the evening . Last year , at a neighbor's party I was dressed as a white bunny - white jeans and jacket , pink tee shirt and white lace bunny ears headband , complete with a fresh carrot , with its green top , tucked into my lapel ! fun company and good food ! #12 - As a serious fan of chocolate , in all its forms , I have to admit that when chilled , hot apple cider does the trick !
    Be safe and well...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.