z Cottage by the Sea : Songs.. Tuesday 4

Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Songs.. Tuesday 4


I's Tuesday!!

Hi Friends and welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4.    Are there many people who dislike music?  I doubt it, don't you?  Songs can have a lot of meaning and bring out a good helping of emotion whether happy, sad, nostalgic or funny.    Let's talk about it.

1.  Tell us 4 songs that define your life.   I know.. this one is hard but it's not written in stone!  Feel free to be serious or silly as you choose.  Maybe even some songs that you would like to describe your life!     You can click on the following songs to hear them.

 On and On by Stephen Bishop

Theme from a Summer Place... Percy Faith

Cinnamon's Theme.. Lalo Schifrin from TV's Mission Impossible.

 All Summer Long.. Beach Boys  my life has revolved around the beach since I was very little.

2. A song or songs  that are special to you in some way

The Welsh lullaby All Through the Night, reminds me of my late little  daughter.  Here it is. Sung by Welsh bass Bryn Terfyl.

3.A song you and your sweetheart loved, or maybe your Mom's or Dad's favorite?

 My late husband and I had Saved the Best for Last by Vanessa Williams.

One of my mother's favorite songs were Petit Fleur , Chanson D'Amore, Stranger on the Shore and the Theme from the Apartment by Ferente and Teicher.. which she made me play on piano over and over again for her.  Here is Theme from the Apartment.    Here is Petite Fleur.  Here is Chanson D'Amore

4. A movie soundtrack you have enjoyed, or a theme to a TV program or commercial  you like/liked. Name as many as you like! If you have no favs, then how about ones you remember well?  Some songs just stick in your head!

I like the soundtracks of the Pink Panther, the TV series Mission Impossible   and The Ten Commandments.

There are so many songs to choose from!  I think we could all think of dozens of songs to answer these questions.

7 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your answers Annie. That is a sweet song to remember your baby girl by. Very touching. I also love the Vanessa Williams song that you and your late husband enjoyed. Mission Impossible soundtracks are awesome too. So many wonderful songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun questions Annie. I enjoyed your answers. It's been a long time since I've heard Mission Impossible music

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Theme from a Summer Place has been an enduring favorite of mine since I was like 9 years old, swooning over Troy Donahue. (lol) I think you're like the 3rd person I know familiar with the Theme from The Apartment. On our honeymoon cruise I asked the ship's pianist to play it and he had no idea what I was referring to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very thoughtful and varied list. Some I know and also admire, but confess I need to research a couple. This was a fun post! Thank you for all your hard work to make these possible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, a Summer Place! I have seen The Ten Commandments a million times and yes, without the music, I don't think movies would be as heartwarming. I also like the soundtrack to Prince of Egypt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, so many interesting titles/songs. Brought back more memories. I didn't reach far enough into my whole life for my answers, but now you've triggered some other thoughts. Thank you for sharing these with us. This was a lovely post and good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning , All !
    It took me awhile to think about this , as I rarely remember song titles or artist's names . The ones in the forefront are Amazing Grace ( bagpipes , of course !) , the National Anthem and...Lady in Red...sigh...
    Enjoy the day ! It is 39 degrees and sunny here .

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a short hello to tell me you were here! I love hearing from you. Thanks for visiting.